Windows 10: "Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything

Discus and support "Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently very lost in what mic i should plan on buying. Currently i use a very cheap table mic from trust, it works, but it gives a ton of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sisrace, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Sisrace Win User

"Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything

Hi, I'm currently very lost in what mic i should plan on buying. Currently i use a very cheap table mic from trust, it works, but it gives a ton of static noise and has a pretty "muddy" sound.

People who recieve this question immediately say the Blue Yeti is like "the best option", but i feel like almost all standard mic's are over $100 and quite bulky. Technically i have space, but i would really just want a small mic thats never in my way!

I've looked at the omni modmic 4, or the Blue Tiki, the size of those would be great, i can accept something larger but not as large and bulky as a Yeti or Snowball.. Remember! Background noise and/or echo is not a problem at all! I live in a quiet small town and I have put up sound panels etc to remove echo, and my computer makes no noise at all. The only thing making noise is me, my mouse and my mechanical MX Brown keyboard.

I plan on having the mic about 0.5m away from me, and i found that the Blue tiki sounds better at a distance?
    At this moment the Blue Tiki is really appealing to me! But if the sound isnt next to perfect for the price i wont buy it.
    The mic has to be under $100, not because i can't afford anything more than that, but because i really doesent feel like spending a ton of money on a microphone, which i dont use too often since I've started to move away completely from gaming, which is sad but i really dont feel like playing games anymore and this feeling has lasted for years now..

So since I litterarly get quick thoughts about selling my entire setup, get a decent laptop and do something else with my life, im scared in investing too much on things that i really dont know if i will get very much out of. But for the sake of my friends ears i need to get a new mic!

:)

Sisrace, Mar 10, 2016
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Mar 10, 2016
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. WHS
    whs Win User

5. Sisrace Win User
    Haha yeah no sorry, for one i can not wear a headset, if i can't use my speakers i hook up my headphones, this is why i have a desktop mic. I'm looking for a mic that delivers basically Audio Technica AT2020 or Blue Yeti sound quality. Im fine with prices of around $50-60, if there is a "perfect" mic at $100-$150 that could also work..
    Im really interested in the AT2020, but i can't find any info on how well it works at a 0.5m distance. I've heard that its for "close range", like in your face close range..
    But im also very interested in the Blue Tiki, and i thought the audio was great at a distance, and that it got worse the closer to you it was.

Does anybody own theese and would like to share their experience?

Sisrace, Mar 10, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    I'm really pleased with my AT2020...

[youtube]jZP5zYH2OKM[/youtube]

Edwin, Mar 11, 2016
  7. Sisrace Win User
    Oh, thats a really great video! Thanks! It really was the range audio i interested in so thanks a lot for that! *Biggrin
    I guess i will go for the AT2020

Sisrace, Mar 11, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

I have the ATR2100 which gets good reviews. But, I haven't used it enough to give any useful information.

essenbe, Mar 11, 2016
  9. Sisrace Win User
    Hm, interesting. However i can not seem to find this in any store here in Sweden :/.

Sisrace, Mar 11, 2016
  10. Sisrace Win User
    So the web store i use to buy stuff on had a 25% sale on the Blue Snowball. I grabbed it and even though i doubted it at first, I am now extremely happy with it! Really cheap and way better than my old one *Biggrin

Sisrace, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Cheap," Good, Small and Convenient "Table" Microphone for everything - Similar Threads - Cheap Small Convenient

2. Any good free screen recorders? Or just best cheap(ish) ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good free screen recorders? Or just best cheap(ish) ones?: Title, idc about capturing audio, I just need a screen recorder submitted by /u/Sparroww_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/173conb/any_good_free_screen_recorders_or_just_best/
  3. Text is still too small for some apps, but scaling is good.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text is still too small for some apps, but scaling is good.: The issues was reported before, but the thread was closed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-is-too-small-for-some-apps-but-scaling-is/27929f41-86dc-485b-9856-90f3171cf8d6On one Surface machine this happens every few days when waking up from sleep....
  4. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  5. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  6. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Good All in One PC for small business for a reasonable price?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Good All in One PC for small business for a reasonable price?: Good evening, is there a good All in One PC with software (Windows 10, Outlook, Word) included? For a low price (up to max. 450€, with SSD and 8GB Ram) and still good performance? If so, I'd like to see Link. Thank you very much. Guter All in One PC für gewerblichen...
  8. Unable to set Convenience PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set Convenience PIN: Hello, I am assisting an end user with setting up a convenience PIN on an AD-joined device, but am having a difficult time being able to enable the option! I am continually getting the message that the option is not available, and "Something went wrong. Try again later."...
  9. Text is too small for some apps, but scaling is good.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text is too small for some apps, but scaling is good.: Hi I'm having a little issue with the font size. The label under the icons on my desktop, any text in my file explorer, and tabs on google chrome are super tiny. The font size for other apps are fine, it's just these apps so far that have this issue. I like the scaling, so I...
  10. good cheap steam games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    good cheap steam games: As mentioned in a previous post, i only have a laptop (and a bad one at that) I have, however, just ordered a new gaming PC. after spending £800+ on a PC, i'm a little tight for cash, but i still want some good games. What are some good steam games that are free or under...