Windows 10: check disk for errors

Discus and support check disk for errors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dwayneharbin, Aug 5, 2018.

1. check disk for errors

I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk

:)

dwayneharbin, Aug 5, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Aug 5, 2018
  4. check disk for errors

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

check disk for errors

1. check disk for errors - Similar Threads - check disk errors

2. disk check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  3. Check Disk, bad clusters

Check Disk, bad clusters: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>cmd.exe Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>chkdsk E:/f/r The type of the file system is...
  4. Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk: Hello, I have a 2TB drive with what looks to be some bad clusters. I've run a couple of FULL formats without issue using both exFAT & NTFS formats, and the windows GUI disk check passes them, however in both cases, chkdsk /R freezes permanently at the 2% mark. Is there...
  5. Check (errors) hard disk

Check (errors) hard disk: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam please be nice to help me in connection with my laptop hard drive. What settings can I give to check it out and see if it has errors and set it up for hours of operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A wonderful day!...
  6. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0
  7. Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?: Easiest way to fix this? Never had an issue before. Really bizarre. 77218
  8. Win10 Skipping disk check

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Skipping disk check: I need help as I'm getting very frustrated. My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this but it doesn't work. After a few forced resets, when I land the 'press any key to skip disk check in 8secs...' And when I...
  9. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...
  10. check disk problem

in Windows 10 Support
    check disk problem: I have an HP P7-1010 pc on which I installed a 2nd HDD to run Windows 10 beta. Installation went fine and I am using the boot manager to boot between the new drive with windows 10 and my old drive with windows 7. On the 2nd boot to windows 7 I get the message that windows has...