Windows 10: check disk for errors

Discus and support check disk for errors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dwayneharbin, Aug 5, 2018.

1. check disk for errors

I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk

:)

dwayneharbin, Aug 5, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Aug 5, 2018
  4. check disk for errors

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

check disk for errors

1. check disk for errors - Similar Threads - check disk errors

2. Disk Check Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Check Error: On every startup, I've been getting a disk check prompt and a "Scanning and repairing drive C:..." message. Sometimes these messages would pop up twice within one startup too. However, whenever it gets to the latter message, a percentage is never shown and it boots up to the...
  3. Disk checking

Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  4. Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking: Hello! I Have a MSI Gaming Laptop and I have the problem that every time I start my laptop it automaticly starts the Fixing D. I do the Disk Checking and it starts over and over again for the past 2 days and the Press to skip doesnt show up. Is there a way to skip it...
  5. Disk checking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk checking: actually my pc was getting updated and it was written dont turn your pc off but due to sudden power cut it got off now its fine and updated but it asks for a disk checking whenever i switch on my computer i dont want the disk checking to be done what can i done it gives me...
  6. disk check

disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  7. disk error check confirmation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk error check confirmation: i was moving files from my old win7 laptop to my external drive when it suddenly disconnect its 8 years old and tend to do that sometimes and show the error cant locate disk. when i plug the external drive to my new win10 laptop it says it detected an error and recommend a...
  8. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  9. Check (errors) hard disk

Check (errors) hard disk: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam please be nice to help me in connection with my laptop hard drive. What settings can I give to check it out and see if it has errors and set it up for hours of operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A wonderful day!...
  10. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0