Windows 10: Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store

Discus and support Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store How to Check for App Updates in Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Slartybart, May 24, 2015.

1. Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store

How to: Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store

How to Check for App Updates in Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

To be able to install apps from the Store, you must be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account. When signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account, you will be able to install any apps already owned by that Microsoft account.

The people who create apps are constantly making tweaks and improvements, fixing bugs, or adding new features. When a newer version of an app you've downloaded and installed becomes available, the app update will be downloaded and installed automatically by default.

If you have the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education edition installed, you will no longer need to be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account to install an app from the Store.

There are some restrictions though:
    1. The Windows 10 Home edition still requires signing in to the Store with a Microsoft account before any apps or games can be downloaded.
    2. Only free apps or games can be installed without a Microsoft account. This is likely done to avoid situations where pay for apps or games would not be available to reinstall (if needed) without having to pay for them again.
    3. You will need to download all apps again whenever you reinstall Windows 10.
    4. Some applications may still require a Microsoft account or another account to work properly or at all.
    This tutorial will show you how to manually check for updates in the Microsoft Store for the installed Windows apps for your account in Windows 10.

*note Make sure that you have the correct time set to avoid the Store having syncing issues.

*note You will need to have the Storage Service service running and set to Manual (Trigger Start) for Store updates to work properly.

*tip If you are having issues with installing or updating Store apps in Windows 10, it may be caused by an issue with the Store cache. If so, then resetting the Store cache may help.

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Store app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Downloads and updates. (see screenshot below)

Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the Get updates button. (see screenshot below)

4. If you do not have any app updates available, you will see a You're good to go message. (see screenshot below)

5. If you do have app updates available, they will automatically start downloading and installing by default. (see screenshot below)

*note If needed, you can Pause all updates, or pause (") and cancel (X) individual app updates.

6. When finished, you can close the Microsoft Store app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Slartybart, May 24, 2015
  2. ARod## Win User

"Check for Updates" and "APP Store" not running in Windows 10

the "Check for Updates" does not run. It states that it couldn't connect to the Update Service even though the internet connection is working.

"APP Store" does not run. It states to try again later and gives the following Error Code: 0x8000FFFF

Has anyone had similar issues and a way to fix these isssues?

ARod##, May 24, 2015
  3. "Check for Updates" and "APP Store" not running in Windows 10

Hi,

Based on the information you have provided in your post, we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any recent changes on your device?

• Were there any external devices connected to your computer when it happened?

• Have you recently installed any software?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Marvin Barc, May 24, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store

I have this too with the Beta store. Seems if you run wsreset, then uninstall one of the installed apps it wakes it up and the updates will show up. Tested this with 2 clean installs today.

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option Two seems to be working now for the Store (Beta). *Smile

Brink, May 28, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Good news. Glad to hear things are coming along *Smile

7. BC66 Win User
    I'm still having issues with installing apps from store.
    i spend two days working on it and no luck. I can download apps from library, but it never install in my computer
    i have microsoft account
    windows 10 pro

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  9. BC66 Win User
    well here we go, Brink

i solved the problem. the error code is 0x80070005.
    go to C:\user/Bill/ app data/local/packages.
    right click on packages , then click take ownership which i have on my menu.
    done!
    if anyone have problem download and install apps from store, i have to say this is a way to go.*Smile*Smile*Smile
    you can check it out if you want and let me know

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  11. BC66 Win User
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Good morning(my time anyhow*Wink) Shawn.
    I have been looking around the net, and stumbled upon a possible(but not always guaranteed) fix for when the Store updates "stick" or freeze. Maybe you'll want to see if you can do anything with it*Smile
    Code: net stop bits net stop wuause net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak net start bits net start wuauserv net start appidsvc net start cryptsvc pause[/quote] Here is the batch file I created for it: StuckStore.zip

source of information: gottabemobil

Cliff S, Sep 17, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Cliff. In addition, resetting the Store cache may sometimes help when you are having issues with installing or updating Store apps in Windows 10.

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Your welcome Shawn, I usually either use wsreset(I made a shortcut from System32) or what usually helps is a simple reboot or open task scheduler tree and Idown to WS an run both. I was just curious on your take of that bat file from the article.

Cliff S, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Store - Similar Threads - Check App Updates

2. Are all windows store apps updates are checked before available to windows store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Are all windows store apps updates are checked before available to windows store?: I read that when a developer an app to windows store it is being checked and scan. I found this here . I do some doubt so I want to ask if the Microsoft Team checks the app updates before making it available? To expound. A rouge dev can submit a proper and honest app to get...
  3. Check the New Version of app update is available in store programmatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Check the New Version of app update is available in store programmatically.: We have an UWP application available in MS Store,in which we have AppxBundle package to user toinstall the application.In this we need to check programmatically is there any high version available in the store,need to inform the user to update the new version of your...
  4. Windows 10 Update Check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Check: Windows 10 update is not completing the task and troubleshoot is also not completing the task. When Settings - Update & Security is launched it automatically starts to search for updates. It used to have a grey box to Check for Updates. The check runs constantly and does...
  5. Microsoft Store can't check for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store can't check for updates: This issue is very annoying. I tried to reset the store, but it didn't work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-check-for-updates/89b4ada1-e793-4515-91f8-3a91fdb51ac7
  6. Windows Store slow checking updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store slow checking updates?: Anyone notice issues with the store tonight? I always check manually for updates and normally the cycle is a few seconds. But tonight its taking a couple minutes. I wondered if the slowness was being experienced by others? 84597
  7. Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10

Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10: All Store App Updates and Microsoft Updates can now be found in this Thread. This is to make it easier for members to find once an App has been updated or upgraded, also for any member to add their own that they find in the store to add. This will hopefully let members...
  8. Unable to check for updates in Windows Store

Unable to check for updates in Windows Store: Hi all! I am on my sister's computer doing my routine check on it, and its having issues checking for updates in the Windows Store. The wheel on "Check for updates" just keeps spinning and doesn't stop. Specs: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586, Acer...
  9. Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Store offers various apps that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and...
  10. Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Check for Updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Check for updates in Store Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse...