Windows 10: Check for processes set to real time.

Discus and support Check for processes set to real time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few days ago my screen randomly went black, so I restarted the PC. Second time it happened the screen went black and then a load of very faint white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris_Munday_1987, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Check for processes set to real time.

A few days ago my screen randomly went black, so I restarted the PC. Second time it happened the screen went black and then a load of very faint white lines appeared vertically on the screen. Upon restarting the PC after this, I just got a black screen.

Thinking this may be an issue with the graphics card as I had tested the monitor and the HDMI cable on another device and they were working perfectly, I decided to buy a new one (as I wanted to upgrade the GPU anyway). Installed it today and everything was going swimmingly, until the black screen appeared with faint white, vertical lines again..... damn.

So I restarted the PC and everything has been fine so far (I'm writing this question on here). Thinking it may be an issue with the HDD, I am currently running an extended test on Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows, which is the manufacturer's diagnostics utility. I have also scheduled a Windows Memory Diagnostics test for the next time I restart the PC, as the internet told me this would check the RAM.

However, a thought just popped into my head. I was playing around with the task manager a while ago and, without realising the consequences at the time, set a number of processes to Real Time. Upon reading about the dangers of this online, I quickly went back and tried to remember which ones I had played with and reset them back to normal. Ever since then, the CPU often goes to 100% usage when I have the Task Manager open. This leads me to believe that this may be the cause of the black screen? But why now after all this time?

Does anyone know a method in which I can check all the priority levels for processes without going through them all one by one? Or anyone have any other suggestions (apart from: "don't play around with things you know nothing about you stupid twat") that might be of help?

Cheers!

My set up:

- PC: Hewlett Packard

- Model: HP Envy 700-230ea

- System: 64-bit (x64)

- Processor: Intel Core i7-4770

- RAM: 16GB

- GPU: Radeon Toxic R9 270X (Sapphire)

:)

Chris_Munday_1987, Jul 13, 2018

2. Setting a process to Real Time...all the time?

I want to set a process to automatically run in real time when I open it instead of having to open the task manager and changing it (Im lazy I know). How would I go about this.

Thanks,
    Wasted

Wastedslayer, Jul 13, 2018
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jul 13, 2018
  4. adonis08 Win User

Check for processes set to real time.

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Check for processes set to real time.

1. Check for processes set to real time. - Similar Threads - Check processes set

2. real-time deactivated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real-time deactivated: my real-time is deactivated. when i try to activate it it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-deactivated/2a8b002b-a790-4491-a251-016c72219eba
  3. real-time protection

real-time protection: Hello there, Disabling real time protection is only temporary as we know and is referred to as snoozed state in the events log , is there a way to increase the time of the snooze through registry, group policy or something else ? ps : i know its not recommended to disable it...
  4. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: How do I turn it off? it is making it so I cant play one of my games(terraria) as it is blocking the mod I use called TmodLoader, I have exempted terraria.exe from the windows defender and it still wont work I tried using a command in powershell run on administrator yet...
  5. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: Windows, why does your programs/developers continue to turn on real time protection every time I turn it off? My computer already has real time protection and cannot handle two (2) applications running real time protection simultaneously. Never fails every day I go in and...
  6. OneDrive how to set synchronization in real time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive how to set synchronization in real time: Hello I have pc witch win 10 . I have excell file on onedrive . I use desctop excell becouse it has full features , opposite this online web version. Unfortunately I have accident with power suply - excell file wasn't save safety with question save changes. Today I open this...
  7. Real time protection

Real time protection: real time protection is disabled although it is on in setting when I put it of and turn it on again, it says it is blocked by group policy. please help[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. It is time to check Windows Insider Settings

in Windows 10 News
    It is time to check Windows Insider Settings: The next feature update for Windows 10, the May 2019 Update, will be released at the end of May to the general public. The release and other decisions that Microsoft made in the recent past impact the Windows Insider program. Microsoft published a short, and rather cryptic,...
  9. real time protection

real time protection: could not run the real time protection, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/real-time-protection/bedcb5fd-b40b-4557-92a3-5b9d423d260e
  10. Configuring for (near) real time processing (and back)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Configuring for (near) real time processing (and back): Dear friends, I have assembled a modern PC for my son who is a musician for his music production needs, but also as a general purpose PC (we don't have enough space and money to have a dedicated rig). As you might now music production has a stringent "real time"...