Windows 10: Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC How to Check if Windows 10 PC Supports Miracast Miracast is a wireless technology your PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by spapakons, Aug 21, 2016.

1. spapakons Win User

Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC

How to: Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC

How to Check if Windows 10 PC Supports Miracast

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what youre doing on your PC, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

Both your Windows 10 computer (PC, laptop, or tablet) and device (TV, projector, or streaming media player) must support Miracast to be able to project your computer's screen to the device.

The device (TV, projector, or streaming media player) must support Miracast, and have Miracast turned on. To see if your device supports Miracast, you will need to check its manual to see if it's a supported feature.

Miracast requirements:
    • Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast support
    • Wi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) 6.30 and Wi-Fi Direct
    • Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
    This tutorial will show you how to check if your Windows 10 PC supports Miracast wireless streaming and screen projection.

Here's How:

1 Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type dxdiag, and click/tap on OK to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

2 Click/tap on the Save All Information button in the System tab after the DirectX Diagnostic Tool finishes collection information. (see screenshot below)

Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

3 Browse to and select where (ex: Desktop) you want to save the DxDiag.txt file to, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

4 Open the DxDiag.txt file, and scroll down towards the bottom of the System Information section at the top to see what it reports for Miracast to see if it's supported or not. (see screenshots below)

That's it.
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

spapakons, Aug 21, 2016

2. Miracast not supported on updated Windows 10 laptop

I updated my Windows 7 ASUS laptop to Windows 10 and have Miracast. It says Miracast in not supported on this PC. How can I get Miracast supported on my PC? Or is there another way to mirror my laptop to my TV?

RussellRhodema, Aug 21, 2016
  3. sam704940 Win User
    miracast

hi,earlier my windows 10 pc used to support miracast and i also used it . but now my pc is saying ( your device is not supported to miracast

sam704940, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello spapakons, *Smile

I'm afraid that the hardware will need to support Miracast.

Yeah, if the wireless card/USB supports Miracast, it can be used on a desktop as well.

If the device you're projecting to doesn’t support Miracast, then you’ll need a Miracast adapter (sometimes also called a dongle) that plugs into an HDMI port on your display device. The adapter lets your PC communicate wirelessly with the display device.

Check below for all Miracast requirements though.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...creen-miracast

Brink, Aug 21, 2016
  5. spapakons Win User
    Thank you for your quick reply. What about finding the old Samsung Allshare software that also supports screen mirroring? The new version acts as a media server only. Doesn't support mirroring. Any other alternative? I have a Samsung 50" smart TV. I could post the model, if it helps.

spapakons, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 21, 2016
  7. spapakons Win User
    We sell VGA+audio to HDMI converters in our computer store as well, I'll think about it... Thanks. I was just wondering which software I should use to make screen mirroring work in my Samsung smart TV. My father's new notebook supports Miracast but the TV apparently doesn't since one device cannot cooperate with the other and connect. I think Samsung have their own wireless display system. The problem is finding the appropriate PC software to take advantage of it. Meanwhile I tried to connect my father's notebook to the TV using HDMI. The result was amazing! Full HD definition, 50" size and vivid colors! If I could only avoid the inconvenience of using a long HDMI cable, would be better...

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Check Miracast Support on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Check Miracast Support

2. Windows miracast doesn't support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows miracast doesn't support: I want to screen mirror my mobile screen to my windows 10 pc but now I am getting message that "The device doesn't support Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly. I used LAN port to connect internet. Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHzRAM :...
  3. WINDOWS 10 says MIRACAST not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 says MIRACAST not supported: I have a HP PRODESK 600g3 sff When i press WIN KEY + K it opens up the wireless connection window, But it shows that my PC doesn't support MIRACAST why? My PC has no WIFI only has ETHERNET. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 No Support for Miracast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 No Support for Miracast: I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S5170 Windows 7 installed. I upgraded to Windows 10 and tried to connect to my Samsung 7 series TV. I received the following message while trying to connect: Your Pc doesn't support Miracast and cannot project wirelessly. What can be done so...
  5. Miracast support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Miracast support: Does my HP15 version 10.0.17763 have bluetooth capability? I am trying to install my Bose speaker and am having trouble. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-support/41eafcfa-f120-41ed-af9d-8bc718c9025d
  6. Miracast Support

Miracast Support: Hello, I am having trouble getting my Windows 10 PC to display to a Miracast enabled display. I have an Intel Wireless-AC 9650 WiFi card which states in the product brief that it supports Miracast, however when I check the drivers in cmd I get the following: Interface...
  7. Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error

in Windows 10 News
    Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 PC users have been encountering the Your PC or mobile device doesn’t support Miracast, so it can’t project wirelessly error when trying to […] This post Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Miracast Support ?

Miracast Support ?: I was trying to see if my PC can use Miracast without using a Miracast Adapter. My Sony Bravia TV shows it supports Miracast. [img] [img] My PC i am not sure if it does one section on DxDiag does the other by Display shows it does not. Is it the Graphics card or Display...
  9. How to get PC to support Miracast?

How to get PC to support Miracast?: Hello, I have problem connecting my pc to my tv, for weeks now, i gave up and here am i asking you experts for your help *Biggrin I own 50PFT6550/12 Philips TV Philips 50PFT6550 Full HD TV Review | AVForums My rotten computer, I wish i can change it but can't afford at the...
  10. How to get PC to support Miracast?

How to get PC to support Miracast?: So I just got a new LG smart TV that has a screen share mode. I wanted to use it but apparently my PC doesn't support miracast. How do I get miracast support? I'm sure all my drivers are up to date, but i'll check again. Here's my dxdiag, I couldn't get much info from it....