Windows 10: Checking system stablity

Discus and support Checking system stablity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I mentioned in another forum I've had issues with my laptop since about the time Windows 10 launched and I attempted to do an upgrade. After doing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jayv2251, May 31, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Checking system stablity

I mentioned in another forum I've had issues with my laptop since about the time Windows 10 launched and I attempted to do an upgrade. After doing my latest re-install, I'm marginally satisfied that it's somewhat stable. I cannot say this with absolute confidence though as I have issues with Internet Explorer, mostly while viewing Facebook pages. The chief complaint being that after scrolling through X amount of posts, IE locks up and I get the error "Internet Explorer has stopped responding, must close program" Which I of course do. It's rather annoying as it usually happens when there's a particular post I wish to read or link I want to follow. Oddly, it never seems to happen when advertising comes up or I get yet another invite to play some kids game.

There's been a change recently to IE crashing. The page will start acting "weird", sometimes flickering a bit in and out just before everything goes black and locks up. My only option at this point is to improperly shut the system down by hitting the power button. Then I pray when I boot it back up I haven't scrambled part of the hard drive! I purchased System Mechanic Pro earlier this year, and that has yet to detect any error or issue that would cause this type of behavior. What other checks can I perform to make sure both hardware and software are functioning properly? I'm on a very tight budget as I am home on sick leave. No work=no pay. Any freeware suggestions I could use would be greatly appreciated!

:)

jayv2251, May 31, 2016
  2. Johnnyzx Win User

Nokia Browser Not Working after Update Browser ( asha 200)

I also have Nokia Asha 200

It's been 4 months, but there is no solution from nokia for this browser problem, i have recently updated my phone with latest firmware
    11.64, But they just improve performance and stablity not the Browser issue.

Help us Nokia People or be useless support.

Johnnyzx, May 31, 2016
  3. 5800warranty checking system on line

Go to your local Nokia site:
    http://www.nokia.com/locations

Then it should be under: Support->repair->warranty.

I've tried those steps with two pages and got to the checker tool.

Fender77---01, May 31, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Checking system stablity

CountMike, May 31, 2016
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    I'm familiar with the first os command, but the second one, not so much. What's the cliftnotes on it's function?

Are there any known issues that would cause IE to lock up causing it to be closed and then restarted? I am going to either make an effort to learn Edge and/or Firefox.

jayv2251, May 31, 2016
  6. jayv2251 Win User
    Okay, did my own research on the suggested restorehealth command. Not sure I need that just yet. Would like to know if that is any different in function from the repair feature I have on my emergency repair usb fob?

Think I'm getting closer to nailing down the issue with Windows crashing while reading Facebook using IE. I'm not quite sure about this, but I'm suspecting two separate issue. Twice in the last 12 hours or so I was browsing Facebook and the screen flickered then went black and the only way I've found to get out of this state is to do a warm boot. The first time it did this last night I received a "your system's memory is low) warning. I closed a few apps I had open and continued to browse Facebook. Then it locked up again. It did it again this morning, without that low memory warning message. So, something is locking up my memory and then not releasing it. What can I do to track this issue down?

jayv2251, Jun 1, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jun 1, 2016
  8. jayv2251 Win User

Checking system stablity

It's great to have another tool such as the reliability monitor, but other then telling me my system is unstable, it really doesn't help me figure out what's causing the reliability issues. I thought there was some sort of log file I can look at that would help me figure out what's going on.

jayv2251, Jun 2, 2016
  9. msny Win User
    msny, Jun 2, 2016
  10. jayv2251 Win User
    Okay, ran the Reliability Monitor for my system. I'm not happy at all. Even with a fresh install, and very little installed, my system has an average reliability of about 4. On a scale of 1-10 that's not good at all. Especially seeing how many times Internet Explorer crashed and the many times I had to improperly shut down using the power button. Now I am running System Mechanic Pro which I bought back in February. According that, it's running pretty good.

I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I'm not working right now, so it's not like I can go run out and buy a suite or two of various optimizing and trouble shooting programs. My past experience downloading freeware, and shareware hasn't been to great. About the only program I trust is CCleaner for the registry. I am running Windows defender and firewall for security. Wish I could afford something better, but that'll have to wait. Tried loading AVG and Malwarebytes and they seem to conflict at times. I really need to get this system much more stable as I'm hoping once the docs give me the green light I can get assistance on becoming MOS certified in Office, so I can work from home. What do you all suggest I do?

jayv2251, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Checking system stablity

1. Checking system stablity - Similar Threads - Checking system stablity

2. Multilingual system-wide spell-check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multilingual system-wide spell-check: HelloI'm struggling to set the system-wide spell check on windows so that it accepts two languages. I'm using win 10 21H1 with display language set to English. I have installed both English and Czech language packs in Settings\Time&Language\Language\Preferred Languages....
  3. System file check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file check: Ran system file check. Verification stopped at 21%. Message: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-check/ed6b1fa7-6901-4c70-baf0-eee02176aa60
  4. System Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    System Spell Check: On my other Windows 10 computer, there is (pretty) universal spell-checking. A wiggly red line under suspect words, suggestions available. You know the idea. Also on this computer if I create a new User Account. But not in my main User Account. The settings in Devices/Typing...
  5. Check if System is Shared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Check if System is Shared: I never want to share my computer! How can I tell if my computer is shared? [Original Title: malware & virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-if-system-is-shared/71bb983b-fd72-426b-9110-3069151cd151"
  6. System File Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System File Check: Did a system file check, on the advice of others, and this was the report Can anyone tell me what I ought to do now, because corrupt files were found? Or do I need to do anything?? All instructions sent to me need to be idiot proof. [ATTACH]...
  7. How to check the Windows System License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check the Windows System License?: I want to buy some Windows systems from Microsoft partners. https://primesoftware.net/collections/windows But I am not sure if the system license is OEM or FPP. Do you know how to check when I buy it back?...
  8. Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Check In/Check Out Equipment Booking System: I need a system for users to pre-book equipment. It needs a calendar to check availability, make the booking (check out) and when the equipment is returned, we can check it back in. Ideally an intergartion with Dynamics 365 or even Zendesk would be great. I have found a...
  9. System Image Check?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Check?: How can I check that my system image will work in the case of a crash, Windows 10. 30807
  10. Kernel system check faillure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kernel system check faillure: hello everybody, after upgrading automatically to windows 10 pro (from windows 7 pro) i cant use properly the sleep mode as when i turn the computer alive again it shows me a blue black screen with barely readable something like a smiling face and a message saying that...