Windows 10: Checking the updates to install

Discus and support Checking the updates to install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 10 v1703, it is possible to block some Windows Update and Microsoft Store updates so that I can check the updates to install?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by balubeto, Aug 9, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Checking the updates to install

Hi

In Windows 10 v1703, it is possible to block some Windows Update and Microsoft Store updates so that I can check the updates to install?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Aug 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 Install stuck on checking updates

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Is this the first time that you're encountering this type of issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error message if there is.

We look forward to your response.

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Cannot install windows 10 checking for updates message

After upgrading to Windows 10, you cannot use your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key.

Click Do this Later.

Checking the updates to install [​IMG]

Verify if you have the November Update installed:

How to verify if
    you downloaded or installed the Windows 10 November Update

If you do, then all you need to do is change the product key using your Windows 7 or 8 product key:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Checking the updates to install [​IMG]

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

From the extensive professional quality Tutorial section
    Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

- which you're encouraged to browse and search:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Tutorials

But you should seriously consider why you want to do this.
    Note that some updates will be delivered even if on a metered (wifi or ethernet) connection.

There is a thread per update with download links in the News section.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2017
  5. balubeto Win User
    Perhaps, you did not understand: I would like to block only some categories of updates, or single updates.

So, how can I do this?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Aug 9, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Your question did not mention categories.

The only distinctions I'm aware of are
    - upgrades
    In the Creator's build, considering connections blocked by being 'metered'
    - MS will or may deliver what they regard as important notwithstanding that.

You can set updates to 'Notify only' - that becomes your choice as to whether download them or not.
    Option 1, 6 in 2nd tutorial. Did you read that?

Or see Winaero's free tweaker with full explanation.

I understand the behaviour may differ in this between the Anniversary and the Creator's build.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Checking the updates to install - Similar Threads - Checking updates install

2. cannot check for or install windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot check for or install windows 10 updates: I cannot check for or install any Windows updates. This has been going on for at least a month, although I cannot even see any updates that dhad been installed in the past. <Changed to a question>...
  3. cannor check for or install windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannor check for or install windows 10 updates: I cannot check for or install any Windows updates. This has been going on for at least a month, although I cannot even see any updates that dhad been installed in the past....
  4. cannor check for or install windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannor check for or install windows 10 updates: I cannot check for or install any Windows updates. This has been going on for at least a month, although I cannot even see any updates that dhad been installed in the past....
  5. Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates

Windows 10 install stuck on Checking for updates: I started to update from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The first thing the update does is check for updates and it has been on that for about 2 hours. How long does this take or is it hung?...
  6. Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to schedule to check for/install updates?: I am looking for a way to automate checking for updates. Ideally, I would like to use Windows Scheduler to run a script every Friday evening that would tell my computer to check for updates and install them if any updates are available. Can this be done, preferably without...
  7. Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.

Installing Win10 but stuck on checking for updates.: As the title says. I just bought Windows 10 online and as I went through the installation process it went to checking for updates and seems to be stuck there. I chose to upgrade because my new processor wasn’t supported by Windows 7. I’m still on Windows 7 as I type this....
  8. Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates"

Upgrade Install Stuck on "Checking for Updates": I've decided to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. Unfortunately, it has been stuck "Checking for Updates" for the last 30-45 minutes. Is this normal? I've updated two laptops, one Windows 7 Home and one Windows 8 and it didn't take nearly this...
  9. Check for and Install Xbox One System Updates

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check for and Install Xbox One System Updates: How to: Check for and Install Xbox One System Updates How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One console features updatable software. This software includes the operating system as well as many system, game, and media apps...
  10. Check for and Install Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check for and Install Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Check for and Install Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically downloading and installing the latest features and...