Windows 10: ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten?

Discus and support ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use to play ChessMaster 10 edition on XP, but it won't play on Windows Ten. This is a clean install. I uninstalled, and reinstalled. I also went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fool, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Fool Win User

ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten?

I use to play ChessMaster 10 edition on XP, but it won't play on Windows Ten. This is a clean install. I uninstalled, and reinstalled. I also went to the UbiSoft website and tried to follow the recommendations, but couldn't understand how to know if a patch was successfully installed, and how download directX 9. My computer won't let me download DirectX 9 from the CD......

Not sure what to do next.

:)

2. Chess Master on Windows 10

Most UNFORTUNATELY for all of us Chessmaster lovers and aficionados, the UBISOFT company STOPPED producing its CHESSMASTER software for PCs BEFORE Microsoft ever came out with Windows 7, 8 or 10. In other words, UBISOFT no longer offers current technical
    support Chessmaster software; nor are there, nor were there, any Updates / patches to get any version of Chessmaster to run on newer versions of Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Chessmaster 9000 (year 2002), Chessmaster 10 (year 2004) and Chessmaster (11): Grandmaster Edition (year 2007) were the three most recent versions of Chessmaster for PCs; and those three versions were meant to be compatible with Windows 98 (1998), ME(2000)
    and XP (2001), XP Professional(2005) only.

In other words, if you want to play your Chessmaster 9, 10 or 11 you will need to do it on a Windows Operating System an earlier version of Windows-Windows 98, ME or XP. I like Chessmaster so much I have thought about buying a second hand old PC and installing
    Windows XP on it- JUST so I can play Chessmaster on occasion.

While there no current updates or patches for Chesssmaster, I found this old UBISOFT support forum site which will provide updates and patches for Chessamaster 10 [but, again, these support updates/patches were meant for running Chessmaster on Windows 98,
    ME or XP ONLY- there are no patches for newer versions of Windows] :

Chessmaster 10th Edition FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! | Forums

p.s. Occasionally you will see someone hawking to sell their supply of USED Chessmaster 10 software on sites like Amazon and claim something like "for Windows 10" ... LOL... don't believe that hyperbole and BS. No version of CM was ever meant to Run on Windows
    10 (nor 7 and 8 for that matter). LOL ... If I had a dollar each time someone complained they could not get their Chessmaster to Run on Windows 10, I would be rich.

timothyace, Jul 25, 2017
  3. DennisK39 Win User
    Chessmaster 10th Edition vs Windows 10

The problem was resolved re: Chessmaster 10th Edition vs Windows 10.

Help came from reviewing Ubisoft Chessmaster 10 Forums and tips from moderator K Hollister. See: http://forums.ubi.com/

You must carefully follow K Hollister instruction, especially about installing patches and 'run as administrator.'

Thank you for your follow-up...

DennisK39, Jul 25, 2017
  4. ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten?

Try it in Compatibility mode. Chances are that it is not compatible with Windows 10.

Josey Wales, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Fool Win User
    Actually, I just figured it out. Make sure you Right-Click "Setup" and select "Run as administrator" Then, download the three patches. Don't open the patches yet. Next, Right-click and "Run as administrator" on all three patches. Then restart your computer. I did all three patches before the restart.

Fool, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten?

1. ChessMaster 10 on Windows Ten? - Similar Threads - ChessMaster Ten

2. I factory reset my pc its windows ten now I can start it and it gets my screen before...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I factory reset my pc its windows ten now I can start it and it gets my screen before...: I factory reset my pc and now It will start but not take me to my windows lock screen with my password it gets my motherboard screen and tries to restart yet never does anything I need help before I spend money on perfosanl help...
  3. Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC?: Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-difficult-to-download-install-windows-ten-on/8c6bebe2-d3ca-4446-96ff-2440f580aca8
  4. Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC?: Is it difficult to download & install windows ten on a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-difficult-to-download-install-windows-ten-on/8c6bebe2-d3ca-4446-96ff-2440f580aca8
  5. why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten?: why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-file-explorer-not-have-a-move/3435294f-51e3-46e0-8418-58545634ddb3
  6. why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten?

why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten?: why does Windows 11 file explorer not have a "MOVE" function like windows ten? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-11-file-explorer-not-have-a-move/3435294f-51e3-46e0-8418-58545634ddb3
  7. How do I speed up a very slow computer with windows ten?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I speed up a very slow computer with windows ten?: My Acer computer is suddenly running terribly slow! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-speed-up-a-very-slow-computer-with/8efd9722-3ab7-499d-86d9-839f8fe618e8
  8. Chessmaster 3000 on Windows 10

Chessmaster 3000 on Windows 10: NOTE: This discussion applies to a 32-bit version of Windows 10 only! Because of copy protection, Chessmaster 3000 does not install, nor are you able to play Chessmaster 3000 on Windows 10....
  9. UBISOFT Chessmaster Grandmaster

in Windows 10 Customization
    UBISOFT Chessmaster Grandmaster: I purchased UBISoft Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition some time ago and used to install and work in Windows 10, but I've been unable to install the program back onto my laptop. I suspect it due to the many updates that may have caused these issues. I tried using the...
  10. Chessmaster 10 installation on MS surface with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chessmaster 10 installation on MS surface with windows 10: According to a reply by MS technician found on a post I biffed in setup.exe and Chessmaster 10th edition files the compatibility with previous Windows OS as suggested, but during installation it stops giving Fatale error 1603. Any other suggestion? Thanks G.F...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chessmaster 10th edition wont run windows 10

2. how to install chessmaster 10 to windows 10

3. chessmaster for windows 10

4. chessmaster 10th edition windows 10,
  5. chessmaster 11 for windows 10,
  6. chessmaster 10th edition played on windows 10 atches