Windows 10: Child Account Get Greyed Out

Discus and support Child Account Get Greyed Out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I added a child account to my Windows 10 Home machine. When the child logs in, the following happens: 1. Go to Store. 2. Selects a free game rated... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jan123, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

I added a child account to my Windows 10 Home machine.

When the child logs in, the following happens:
    1. Go to Store.
    2. Selects a free game rated "Everyone".
    3. Selects the blue "Get" which changes to "Working"
    4. There is a pop-up window which:
    says "Subject to Microsoft Service Agreement".
    There are two buttons at the bottom of it, "Cancel", which is white, and "Get", which is greyed out.

:)

Jan123, Nov 20, 2016
  2. Petemanns Win User

'Get' button greyed out in Windows store for child's account

Under the main administrator account I can download apps from the store but not throughly child's family account. Under this profile the 'get' button is always greyed out. I've deleted the family account and set up a new one and it still does it. Not sure
    if it makes a difference but I've just updated this laptop to Windows 10 from 7.

Petemanns, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Fuina Win User
    'Get' button greyed out in Windows store for child's account

I am having this same issue with my new Child account. Have you had any luck?

Fuina, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Jan123 Win User

The only button active is "Cancel".

Child Account Get Greyed Out [​IMG]

Jan123, Nov 21, 2016
  5. Askboy4 Win User
    Try scanning your PC (quick scan) with windows defender.

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Jan123 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Nov 22, 2016
  7. Askboy4 Win User
    Does this mean you can click GET?

Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016
  8. Jan123 Win User

NO. It's exactly the same, same as the picture above.
    You can select "Cancel", but not "Get".

Jan123, Nov 22, 2016
  9. Askboy4 Win User
    Hmm try checking your time and language. this might help. go to START MENU. click settings. time and language then click on region and language. check if your region is correct. check your connection try changing some settings,OR go to store. click your photo picture near the search bar -downloads and updates and click CHECK FOR UPDATES. might help

Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016
  10. Jan123 Win User
    Thanks for your help.

The region and time zone, and time are correct. I tried the "Check for updates" in the "Store" as you suggested. Nothing seems to change anything. I have no idea why that "Microsoft Service Agreement" pop-up screen appears. But, it does every time, for every attempted download, when logged in with the child account. And, "Get" is greyed out, so you can't select it.

Jan123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Child Account Get Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Child Account Greyed

2. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  3. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  4. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  6. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  7. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent my childs account from getting locked out: Hi,My daughters computer has decided to lock her out really, really frequently. I would like to turn this off. It says "This computer is locked, please come back in 2 hours" or something along those lines. The problem is, it is doing this even if she only gets her passcode...
  8. Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child: I just set up parental controls. On one child, the manage permissions section is not greyed out. He can change restrictions at will once he discovers this. How do I fix this?...
  9. get money out child's Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    get money out child's Microsoft account: My grand children use to come to our home almost every day and we had accounts for them. Now with covid they do not come. I would like to get the little money they had in their accounts in a digital form so I can email to them. Can any one tell me how? Thanks Dale Gross...
  10. Child account locks out randomly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account locks out randomly: I have a child account that locks out randomly after a couple of minutes of either initially logging the child in or if I increase their screen limit for the day. I have had this happen on 2 different systems now. I have made sure that all updates are completed as well....