Windows 10: Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Discus and support Chinese characters not displaying correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CurisoDiablo, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image:

Chinese characters not displaying correctly 3471ccfa-2c4b-441c-bee8-fa8461840b97?upload=true.jpg

At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020102/windows-10-update-kb4020102 . Downloaded the specific update for this only to be told it wasn't compatible with current windows installed. Any help?

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

CurisoDiablo, Jul 22, 2018

2. Wrong Chinese character

In my Nokia 5800, v21.0.101, the Chinese character "福" is wrongly displayed in the traditional Chinese character format. The same word should be identical with the simplified Chinese character format, which is correctly displayed in the same handset.

A lot of Chinese folks treasure their culture a lot, and such a mistake may not be tolerable to them.

Joe Chan

joechan---01, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Kun-Zhou Win User
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly on Windows 10 with Display language selected as English.

Chinese characters are not displayed correctly on my Windows 10 (with Display language selected as English). For example, in the picture below:

Chinese characters not displaying correctly 4598d6cb-994c-4099-8bf9-c9f2056d317c.png

The forth character is not displayed right, it is slightly above the baseline of other characters. I have downloaded the Chinese language pack and I use Win10 Pro. Is there a way to fix this issue? I recall I never had such problems on Win7.

Kun-Zhou, Jul 22, 2018
  4. nacctony Win User

Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Some of my program cannot display Chinese Character correctly, how to fix them?

I already installed all the updates. But it is still the same issue. Some of the Chinese character are not displayed correctly.

nacctony, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Chinese characters not displaying correctly

1. Chinese characters not displaying correctly - Similar Threads - Chinese characters displaying

2. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  3. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  4. Window 10 can't display chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 can't display chinese character: Hi, I have a question that the chinese character does not display correctly in command prompt but it looks fine in window explorer. This cause my program didn't run correctly. below is the exhibit Thanks in advance! Billy [ATTACH]...
  5. characters with accents don't display correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    characters with accents don't display correctly.: I just bought a new laptop and moved everything from my old laptop to my new laptop. Seemed to have worked fine. Except for one program. MS money. Yes, I know. This is an old program which is not supported anymore. But I'm still using it for my personal accounting. I use...
  6. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  7. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  8. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  9. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese language not displaying corectly in win10 vers 1903