Windows 10: Chinese only, in a tablet

Discus and support Chinese only, in a tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone experienced a similar problem (many did but it was with other languages and all were solved as posts I have see) when Chinese is the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skasec, Aug 27, 2015.

1. skasec Win User

Chinese only, in a tablet

Has anyone experienced a similar problem (many did but it was with other languages and all were solved as posts I have see) when Chinese is the only language a Windows 10 converted Onda v975w is ready to work with?

My Onda worked well in English (and other languages if needed) under Windows 8.1. Sometimes a Chinese words appeared - especially if some errors in the system were made - but all was fine again after restarting. And then I upgraded into Windows 10. I could not follow exactly what was happening during the upgrade sine, yes, all the comments were in Chinese. Since then most of the display I see is in Chinese.

I do not read or understand Chinese, so the tablet is hardly usable now. I can activate some functions when they have enough English words as my Display language is still English . But what is called "Welcome screen and systems account" display language is Chinese. Only Chinese.

I tried to change the "Region and language setting - copy in Windows 10" following Kari's post of 27 January 2015 but it did not work. I have noticed that when making V in "Welcome screen and system accounts" box under "Welcome screen and new users account settings" does change the writing of the "Welcome screen display language" from chinese writing of Chinese language to be ENGLISH, but that disappears when I make "OK" or other activity trying to change the account (I have two), and is back Chinese in chinese characters.

Of course all this I do when activating chinese titles as if they all were in English. It seems that in most of the cases the method works.

Does anybody - Kari? - have an idea what and how to do to solve the problem?

Simon

:)

skasec, Aug 27, 2015

2. How to change the Windows 10 System Language from Chinese to English

I have a chinese tablet and this method only changes some of the display language system settings etc are still in chinese!

boredndisappointed, Aug 27, 2015
  3. egben Win User
    Jumper EZPad 4s Pro no touch

Thank you all for trying to help but it seems nothing works for me and as the wife goes away today I think this Chinese Tablet is for the bin and I've learnt a lesson. Don't buy Chinese Tablets with Windows on them.

Thank you all again for your time.

egben, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Chinese only, in a tablet

1. Chinese only, in a tablet - Similar Threads - Chinese tablet

2. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  3. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  4. Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home: Hi, I am using Surface Pro 9 Windows 11 Home edition. I am unable to install Chinese language pack. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-chinese-language-pack-on-windows/5e9e7cc3-2160-4a38-923a-59ab9d94874d
  5. Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home

Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home: Hi, I am using Surface Pro 9 Windows 11 Home edition. I am unable to install Chinese language pack. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-chinese-language-pack-on-windows/5e9e7cc3-2160-4a38-923a-59ab9d94874d
  6. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  7. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  8. microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2: when and how we can fix it? it's exist since 4 or 5 years ago on win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-chinese-input-method-cant-display/73f64117-86f2-473b-abf1-238d7b1ebeac
  9. microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2

microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2: when and how we can fix it? it's exist since 4 or 5 years ago on win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-chinese-input-method-cant-display/73f64117-86f2-473b-abf1-238d7b1ebeac
  10. New Onda tablet from China.. unable to stop chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    New Onda tablet from China.. unable to stop chinese characters: Recently received a new tablet purchased in China. During set up, I installed English language and uninstalled Chinese language. Generally, all is OK but on lock screen, date / time still comes up in Chinese and during log in (picture password) the "start again" etc is in...