Windows 10: Chipset Driver Question

Discus and support Chipset Driver Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by afterx, Mar 18, 2017.

1. afterx Win User

Chipset Driver Question

Hello , have a good day.
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and "Catalyst installation manager" in the custom installation option, are these what you need to install?

:)

afterx, Mar 18, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Chipset Driver Problem

What brand and model laptop ?

- You can prevent Win10 from reinstalling it's driver preference by using the 'Show/hide updates' tool

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

- Any Intel HD integrated graphics older than HD 3000 is too old for Win10. Intel has no graphics drivers

for older on board integrated graphics ( GMA HD ) or HD 2000.

Trying to run games on machines that don't have Win10 specific graphics drivers could be problematic.

BossDweeb, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Chipset Driver Problem

Hi Nick,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have installing Graphic Card.

What exactly happens when you try to download or install the drivers, do you get any error message?

What is the make and model of your computer?

Please reply with the required information, we are happy to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Chipset Driver Question

Yes. You should be fine. The USB Filter driver is usually an update, and the Catalyst Install manager is needed to install the Catalyst Control Centre program.

I usually install these as a matter of course and they do not affect the operation of Windows in any way.

Gurn Blanston, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

Chipset Driver Question

1. Chipset Driver Question - Similar Threads - Chipset Driver Question

2. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  3. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  4. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  5. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Old Chipset Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Chipset Driver: I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows install all the drivers itself. Btw this old chipset driver includes: IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F...
  7. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  8. Intel Chipset numbering question

Intel Chipset numbering question: When I run the Intel Driver Update Utility, it always shows my chipset needs an update. My problem is that my current version is 10.1.2.8 Intel Driver Update Utility wants to go to 10.1.1.14 Isn't 10.1.2 greater than 10.1.1? Or am I applying math where it doesn't...
  9. Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question

Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question: Chipset drivers outdated on Asus site, latest video drivers installed, system running perfectly fine from what I can tell now...If I did install the outdated chipset drivers, would I have issues when I update video drivers in the future? Normally use Display driver...
  10. Question on Intel Chipset Updates

Question on Intel Chipset Updates: My system is a Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero When I installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit at the time I installed the latest chipset (version 10.1.2.10). All has been well, but when I used the Windows Update Minitool the other week it says that there is a new update to these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i install chipset drivers if everything is running fine