Windows 10: Chipset & Other Drivers Needed?

Discus and support Chipset & Other Drivers Needed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have now done clean installs on two of my home network boxes. Everything so far working fine. It installed generic drivers except for the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by msny, Apr 1, 2016.

1. msny Win User

Chipset & Other Drivers Needed?

I have now done clean installs on two of my home network boxes.
    Everything so far working fine. It installed generic drivers except for the
    video card which are OEM.

Computer A is an ASUS motherboard, Computer B is an Intel
    motherboard. I built both systems. in the past I've always installed
    MB drivers and such for XP and window 7.

Mind you these are older drivers for windows 7 (some 8), there are no updates for either.
    Should I do the same now with windows 10(64 bit) using those drivers or leave them?

Thank you,

:)

msny, Apr 1, 2016
  2. azurious Win User

secondary HDD get disappear after sleep

just installed chipset driver from intel motherboard original CD & now its working fine.

Thanks for providing faulty drivers in update and wasting others time

azurious, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Palcouk Win User
    this pc can't run windows 10

Visit your PC Makers support site and install any updated chipset & video (and other drivers)

Then run compatibility check again

Palcouk, Apr 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you read up on how Windows 10 drivers are managed, you'll find it's very different. Primarily Uncle MS gives you what he thinks best for you and will replace any driver older or newer than his choice.

So, you first have to install Win 10, and see if it works. If so, fine.

Any problems, you have to identify what's going on - some older hardware may not work. Most does.

Some people have to use drivers used on earlier versions of Windows. The tutorial section has a tutorial with instructions on how to protect your drivers or other updates from being overwritten by Windows Update.

Using driver scanners cannot in general be recommended- only for example where no driver can be found, or where the driver is not maintained by Uncle MS. And of course 32 bit drivers are useless on x64 Windows (unless used in a virtualised 32 bit OS e.g.).

dalchina, Apr 1, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    OK thank you, I'm leaning a lot here about windows 10.

msny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chipset & Other Drivers Needed? - Similar Threads - Chipset Drivers Needed

2. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  3. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  4. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  5. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  6. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  8. Old Chipset Driver

Old Chipset Driver: I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows install all the drivers itself. Btw this old chipset driver includes: IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F...
  9. Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find)

Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find): Can someone help me to find the driver for my Intel Chispet? I'm running Windows 10. The chipset's a Series 8. Thanks! 53432
  10. Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?

Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?: I'm doing a clean install (actually a clean re-install) of Win10-Pro on an Asus P9X79-DLX / i7-3930K computer. If the Device Manager shows all the devices working properly is there any need or benefit in installing any motherboard chipset drivers that might be on the Asus...