Windows 10: Chipset

Discus and support Chipset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Shall I download the chipset(Intel INF Installation) off my motherboard's (GA-H81M-DS2V) manufacturer's (GIGABYTE) website, or off Intel? Thanks. 48757 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Illuminati Izzy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Chipset

Shall I download the chipset(Intel INF Installation) off my motherboard's (GA-H81M-DS2V) manufacturer's (GIGABYTE) website, or off Intel? Thanks.

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Apr 28, 2016

2. nvidia chipset

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Now that Windows 10 is successfully installed on the computer, ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager. Once this is done restart the computer to check if this helps. You may also visit the
    computer manufacturer’s website to get the latest drivers for your computer model.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 28, 2016
  3. SunnyK07 Win User
    nvidia chipset

I was doing everything but not use...! all my graphic card driver showing me error..! even my intel driver also not install this time..! I am so upset tell me how to fix it..!

SunnyK07, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Chipset

So no... explanation for that? Just the straight up answer? That's new.

5. BunnyJ New Member
    Well.,. the chipset is connected to the MB and since it's a Gigabyte they would have the correct chipset for that MB.

BunnyJ, Apr 28, 2016
  6. So what's the Intel chipset then? Just a newer version? I thought newer was better Chipset :p

7. RWOne Win User
    Intel makes a generic chipset driver for the specific chipset.

The Board manufacturer will take and enhance the drivers specific to the particular board.

You can install the intel one if you want, and the board supports it, you may feel like you are upgrading it to it's latest drivers, but find you may lose some functionality/optimization that comes from the manufacturer's version.

If you really must have a definitive answer, query the Board manufacturer as to a comparison, they'll tell you which may function better, but I'd stick to gigabyte's as well, unless they say otherwise (such as they no longer push out updates for that chipset, etc.)

RWOne, Apr 28, 2016
  8. Chipset

Alternatively, don't bother with either. They don't do anything useful, they are not drivers

nigelmercier, Apr 28, 2016
  9. RWOne Win User
    Uninstall yours then report back ...

Here is an example of what the Z97 chipset assists with:

Intel® Z97 Chipset: Unleash Your Imagination

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chipset

1. Chipset - Similar Threads - Chipset

2. 0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.: I'm making a post for my friend's PC, because I'm trying to assist him with a crash diagnosis.The dump is blaming the chipset driver, AuthenticAMD.sys for the crash, but that's not saying much.The crash happens somewhat randomly, which is why we're struggling...
  3. 0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.: I'm making a post for my friend's PC, because I'm trying to assist him with a crash diagnosis.The dump is blaming the chipset driver, AuthenticAMD.sys for the crash, but that's not saying much.The crash happens somewhat randomly, which is why we're struggling...
  4. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  5. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  6. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  8. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  9. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  10. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...