chkdsk can't find path or file

Discus and support chkdsk can't find path or file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt.
    IE
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on C:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on D:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f
    runs on D:

if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or without the /f, it tells me it can't find the path or file.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk C:\
    can't find path or file

What can cause this issue?

I am having an issue of slow program opening and suspect a HDD problem, but it might be something else.

:)

ruggb, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 11, 2018
  3. WhiteWolf 6.0 Win User
    CHKDSK LogFile:

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
    (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

chkdsk /r seems t be stuck at 11%. Assuming it gets past this:

What do I look for for Win 10 as I am not running Win7 or XP?

WhiteWolf 6.0, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. chkdsk can't find path or file - Similar Threads - chkdsk can't find

2. how to open mix file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  3. Where do I find my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN?: Where do I find my PIN? I never knew I had one and need it for a couple Microsoft apps...….. Thank You madee10 [Original Title: PIN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/where-do-i-find-my-pin/cbd8d73b-c43d-4d83-b6fa-274ce7696127"
  4. Unable to install fonts - Invalid font file

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install fonts - Invalid font file: I just did a fresh install of windows 10 pro yesterday. I finished installing everything, steam, AV software, etc. I tried to play visual novel or install a font for a steam skin and I keep getting an invalid font file. When I create a new user, I can install fonts but here...
  5. Why can't MS just let us play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't MS just let us play?: Why can't MS just either admit they hate PC gamers or fix auto download? I have seen hundreds here and thousands online complaining about auto downloads when playing games. The problem MS just keeps saying it is on the users end, NO IT"S NOT! I can be playing any online game...
  6. my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?: my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/my-file-is-not-readable-how-do-i-change-it-so-i/da93c09e-466e-427a-bf5d-b811c82224bb
  7. Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files: Hello I've recently started using Onedrive - not sure it was a good idea! It's syncing ok when I add or delete files but not when I simply modify a file eg open a file with Excel make a change and close the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve...
  8. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...: Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business. I currently have 2 users in the UK that are having issues after I have disabled offline files in Sync centre they lose all...
  9. can't access desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't access desktop: My computer was working absolutely fine yesterday. Went to turn it on this morning, took ages to get past the log in screen, then it just changed to a black screen, with a basic taskbar down the bottom that was flashing. I tried a few things with no success, then did a...
  10. Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files: I am currently running Windows 10 v1803 Os Build 17134.228, although this problem has been occurring prior to this build of v1803. I am trying to restore my files after reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. When I copy/restore my files either by using Windows Explorer...