Windows 10: chkdsk can't find path or file

Discus and support chkdsk can't find path or file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

chkdsk can't find path or file

when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt.
    IE
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on C:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on D:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f
    runs on D:

if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or without the /f, it tells me it can't find the path or file.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk C:\
    can't find path or file

What can cause this issue?

I am having an issue of slow program opening and suspect a HDD problem, but it might be something else.

:)

ruggb, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 11, 2018
  3. WhiteWolf 6.0 Win User
    CHKDSK LogFile:

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
    (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

chkdsk /r seems t be stuck at 11%. Assuming it gets past this:

What do I look for for Win 10 as I am not running Win7 or XP?

WhiteWolf 6.0, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

chkdsk can't find path or file

1. chkdsk can't find path or file - Similar Threads - chkdsk can't find

2. chkdsk can't find path

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk can't find path: when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on D: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f runs on D: if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or...
  3. How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.: Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO mounted as a virtual DVD drive - but cannot find where the ISO has downloaded to. Is there an easy generic way - command line,...
  4. Can't find files in HDD after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find files in HDD after update: when I upgraded to windows ten I selected keep nothing when it asked me what files I wanted to keep thing it would delete all the junk I don't need on my pc, but after the upgrade my HDD was just as full as it was before. so I tried to manually delete stuff but now when I...
  5. Can't find exported pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find exported pdf files: [img] I'm Using Open Office which has the option to export files in PDF format, but when I do this, I can't find the file. It's not in documents, downloads or pictures. I can see it as it's being saved but can't find it afterwards if this makes any sense. I hope this snip...
  6. DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....: Hi all - I just upgraded from Win 8.1. I'm having some problems and wanted to run the command: Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] However the repair doesn't work, due to getting the error: The source files could not be...
  7. Windows Cannot Find Specified File Path

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Cannot Find Specified File Path: Something strange recently happened. My programs still open, such as internet or my webroot program. But my documents do not open (i get the windows cannot find specified file error" it also says "explorer.exe at the top. I think its a permissions issue?? I tried right...
  8. Can't find my MP3 files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find my MP3 files: Probably asked by others but I haven't found exactly this issue: I installed Win 10. I have several hundred MP3's in my Win 7 "Music" folder, but in Win 10 I now see only a dozen or so. I rolled back 10 to 7; presto! there they are. Re-installed 10 and have the same issue: I...
  9. can't find mspaint

in Windows 10 Support
    can't find mspaint: I can't find mspaint in win 10 ? did they get rid of it ? 19156
  10. Windows 10 can't find files! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't find files! :(: I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File...