Windows 10: chkdsk can't find path

Discus and support chkdsk can't find path in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ruggb, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ruggb Win User

chkdsk can't find path

when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt.
    IE
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on C:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk
    runs on D:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f
    runs on D:

if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or without the /f, it tells me it can't find the path or file.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk C:\
    can't find path or file

What can cause this issue?

I am having an issue of slow program opening and suspect a HDD problem, but it might be something else.

:)

ruggb, Jun 10, 2018

2. CHKDSK LogFile:

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
    (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

chkdsk /r seems t be stuck at 11%. Assuming it gets past this:

What do I look for for Win 10 as I am not running Win7 or XP?

WhiteWolf 6.0, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

chkdsk can't find path

1. chkdsk can't find path - Similar Threads - chkdsk can't find

2. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  3. I can't find the path to my download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find the path to my download folder: I haven't had access to my download file for several weeks. I get an error message telling me that it can't be found. photo attachedWhether I click on the desktop shortcut or in the menu pane on this computer, I can't access it.French to english translation :Location not...
  4. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  5. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  6. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't find chkdsk results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't find chkdsk results: I just did chkdsk test on main drive, after restart. And after login no results were shown... And it is not in Event Viewer, but it showed previous chkdsk tests, weird... I tried filter by event Sources: Wininit, chkdsk, or event id 26226 and it is not there. 180470
  8. Chkdsk Finding Major Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chkdsk Finding Major Problems: Hi, I'm doing a chkdsk /b on a secondary HDD drive. The drive is a not-too-old (around 5-7 years) 1TB drive. This one seemed to be having trouble a couple of years ago, as I was trying to reinstall Win7 - although I wasn't certain what was causing me problems at the time....
  9. Can't find chkdsk to fix a bad thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find chkdsk to fix a bad thumb drive: When I go to the Power button, there's no "Start" option, which previous posts tell me is the beginning of "Properties" which supposedly leads me to "Tools" and miraculously leads me to "Error Checking" C'mon you guys!!! Most of us are not computer literate.. please get me...
  10. chkdsk can't find path or file

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk can't find path or file: when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on D: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f runs on D: if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or...