Windows 10: Chkdsk "found" folder missing

Discus and support Chkdsk "found" folder missing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I moved files to my external hard drive at work and I can't see them on my home PC. I ran a chkdsk in Command Prompt and it shows the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by petersteele, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chkdsk "found" folder missing

Hi,

I moved files to my external hard drive at work and I can't see them on my home PC. I ran a chkdsk in Command Prompt and it shows the following:

39 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Lost and found is located at \found.005

The problem is that I can't find the found.005 folder. found.000 to found.004 are there but not found.005. I have the "show hidden files" option enabled.

This is not the first time that this happened with this hard drive and usually after I repair the disk I can copy stuff at work and I can access it at home but I lose the files. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on both machines. Any idea what is causing the issue? I am using ESET Nod at work and Windows Defender at home so I'm not really convinced that it is a virus.

Thanks.

:)

petersteele, Jan 10, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 10, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Chkdsk "found" folder missing :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Chkdsk "found" folder missing :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Chkdsk "found" folder missing :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Chkdsk "found" folder missing :)

musum, Jan 10, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Chkdsk "found" folder missing

Do you use the Safely Remove Hardware and eject media icon before disconnecting the external hard drive? If not, that could be the cause.

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2017
  5. I usually wait for the PC to switch off before I remove the drive. This is hours after I the copy operations are finished so it's weird. The data is written to disk because I can see the files with recovery software but it doesn't help me much because the original folder locations are lost.

petersteele, Jan 11, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Try using the Safely remove icon instead of waiting for the computer to be powered off. Shouldn't make any difference, but worth trying.

Does it matter which USB port you plug into on either PC? Compatibility problem, USB 1.1, 2 or 3?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Chkdsk "found" folder missing

1. Chkdsk "found" folder missing - Similar Threads - Chkdsk found folder

2. Why found folder found in user folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why found folder found in user folder?: when i restart windows i found some found folderslike found.000found.001found.002, etci didnt get files meaningbut when i trying to delete it asks for system permission?folder location C:/User/dumy...
  3. Why found folder found in user folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why found folder found in user folder?: when i restart windows i found some found folderslike found.000found.001found.002, etci didnt get files meaningbut when i trying to delete it asks for system permission?folder location C:/User/dumy...
  4. found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?: After a normal shutdown, when I turned on again at the next day it couldn't boot because "error a disk error occurred". After verifying that there was no physical problem sata cables, ram, etc.; I entered on a Linux OS that I had on a USB. When I entered in disk partitioner...
  5. found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?: After a normal shutdown, when I turned on again at the next day it couldn't boot because "error a disk error occurred". After verifying that there was no physical problem sata cables, ram, etc.; I entered on a Linux OS that I had on a USB. When I entered in disk partitioner...
  6. found.000 folder after do chkdsk /f . How to relocate files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CHKDSK found problems maybe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK found problems maybe: can anyone explain this what CHKDSK did with that file. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Prince Gupta>CHKDSK C: /F /R /V The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk...
  8. CHKDSK founds Error more frequently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK founds Error more frequently.: Hello, I just want to ask what could be the problem. it was 3 days ago when I feel my computer is a bit slow. And then I tried to run a disk check through Powershell and then i perform a chkdsk /f and restart to perform the repair. After the disk repair my computer is...
  9. CHKDSK found errors on X:\Windows\System32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK found errors on X:\Windows\System32: I booted to command prompt in the recovery mode and run CHKDSK and found errors on X:\Windows\System32. Then, I used the CHKDSK /F option it reported that the drive is write-protected. How do you resolve this issue?...
  10. File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.: I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing. We have a 3-computer local/home network with all dynamic data stored on a network drive. We use File Explorer frequently. Six or seven times since upgrading to W10,...