Windows 10: chkdsk stuck at 12%

Discus and support chkdsk stuck at 12% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is just 3 days old and its disk usage is always 100%, I tried to chkdsk to help it but it also got stuck at 12%, I tried to disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuvenjitPal, Aug 11, 2018.

1. chkdsk stuck at 12%

My laptop is just 3 days old and its disk usage is always 100%, I tried to chkdsk to help it but it also got stuck at 12%, I tried to disable the windows search option but it helps temporarily, help me solve this, the system is updated and so the drivers but nothing can stop it using 100%

:)

SuvenjitPal, Aug 11, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 11, 2018
  4. chkdsk stuck at 12%

garybear89, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

chkdsk stuck at 12%

1. chkdsk stuck at 12% - Similar Threads - chkdsk stuck 12%

2. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  3. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  4. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. CHKDSK process stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK process stuck: I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the...
  7. CHKDSK process stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK process stuck: I started my pc and got a "Auto repair could not repair your pc" message. I started looking up for something to help and saw alot of articles with the same steps to take.After I did a few steps it didn't fix the repair issue. I continued with the steps and a CHKDSK was the...
  8. Chkdsk /f Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  9. Stuck at 12%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 12%: I am resting my pc and it has been stuck at 12% for a few hours now. Any ideas? Only had a couple files before reset. submitted by /u/LucaF04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7f72d/stuck_at_12/
  10. Chkdsk stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk stuck: Hello chkdsk is stuck at 10% now for hours, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 I have 12GB of RAM and a Intel i7, on a 500GB hybrid drive. I just got the laptop a month ago. I decided to run chkdsk on a whim even though I'm not having any problems and don't suspect any errors,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windiws 8.1 chkdsk stuck at 11%

2. chkdsk is at 12%

3. chkdsk stuck 12%

4. チェックディスク 12%,
  5. sfc /scannow stuck at 12%,
  6. hard disk scan stuck at 12%,
  7. chkdsk windows 10 para 12%,
  8. windows 1903 update stuck at 12%,
  9. accessing a file during chkdsk /r,
  10. chkdsk repair drive stops at 12%,
  11. chkdsk /r stuck on 12%,