Windows 10: Choose a program to edit pictures

Discus and support Choose a program to edit pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to edit the right click button when clicking on a picture. I am often using Snag it to edit pictures. And I would like not to have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CapFlam128, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Choose a program to edit pictures

Is there a way to edit the right click button when clicking on a picture.
    I am often using Snag it to edit pictures. And I would like not to have to dig in to open it with my right click button. If I can move it very close to the top that would be nice. See the picture.

Choose a program to edit pictures [​IMG]

:)

CapFlam128, Sep 15, 2017

2. Photos

When I want to edit a pictures in Photos, one of the sure ways to do it is click on the picture first, right click it, choose Edit & create > Edit

Choose what you want to do: Crop, Enhace, Adjust

Andre Da Costa, Sep 15, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Perssist file picture on screen

Simple. When you say you are done that is the editing. You are still in the program that brought up the picture. To remove the picture you must remove yourself from the program or folder that you use to see the picture in the first place

Before getting out of the program you may may need to save the picture as an edited picture with a new name.

lacrumb, Sep 15, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Choose a program to edit pictures

From an Operating System perspective, NirSoft offers two utilities, ShellMenuView and ShellExView, that may help you tame the Context Menu (right click).

From a Browser perspective, an Add-On like Menu Wizard will do the same.

pyramid10, Sep 17, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    The right-click context menu would have to be changed within the Registry using a .ini file, which is complicated. Since you use it a lot, I suggest you change the default program to open pics.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Choose a program to edit pictures

1. Choose a program to edit pictures - Similar Threads - Choose program edit

2. Picture program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture program: I downloaded pictures from my camera but it won't allow me to save the pictures to my regular folder. Plus all of my older pictures are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-program/0aaa4dfc-ca17-468c-b2d1-19bdd6dc3ab1
  3. Picture program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture program: I downloaded pictures from my camera but it won't allow me to save the pictures to my regular folder. Plus all of my older pictures are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-program/0aaa4dfc-ca17-468c-b2d1-19bdd6dc3ab1
  4. Editing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing pictures: I am unable to save my edits! After spending days editing pictures from vacation with no problems, suddenly everything is read only. Why is this thread locked when no solution was found. I am suddenly having this problem in December 2021 and cannot find a solution. = How to...
  5. Editing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing pictures: I am unable to save my edits! After spending days editing pictures from vacation with no problems, suddenly everything is read only. Why is this thread locked when no solution was found. I am suddenly having this problem in December 2021 and cannot find a solution. = How to...
  6. Editing pictures

7. Editing pictures and photo's

Editing pictures and photo's: Hello, could anyone suggest a picture/photo editing app where I can change a pictures position on a page. So far I've not come accross one and I've looked & tried a few in the MS Store. Ideally this app shd be free. I note that some of the apps that are supposed to be Free;...
  8. choosing a program to open a program file

in Windows 10 Customization
    choosing a program to open a program file: why can't I drop and drag a program file in windows 10 and it becomes the default program for that program file? I has worked from windows 95.........
  9. choosing where to download pictures

choosing where to download pictures: When I download a picture, I want to be able to choose which folder to save it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choosing-where-to-download-pictures/48d6b63e-cb8c-4ad6-b775-1a2affed73f4"
  10. Editing the date on an picture

Editing the date on an picture: Is there some way that I can edit the date a picture was taken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-the-date-on-an-picture/97136dc9-254b-46a4-a406-6568f5945f8b"