Windows 10: Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen

Discus and support Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen How to Choose Apps to Show Detailed and Quick Status on Lock Screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by foxriderz289, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen

How to: Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen

How to Choose Apps to Show Detailed and Quick Status on Lock Screen in Windows 10

The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the computer. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows 10.

By default, the lock screen for your account will display notifications, and show the detailed status and quick status of apps you choose.

You can choose none or one app to show detailed status on your lock screen, displaying up to three strings of text.

You can choose none or up to seven apps to show quick status on your lock screen, displaying up to one short string of text.

This tutorial will show you how to choose apps to show detailed and quick status of on the lock screen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Choose an app to show detailed status on lock screen in Settings
    • Option Two: Choose apps to show quick status on lock screen in Settings

EXAMPLE: Detailed status of an app on lock screen

Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Choose an app to show detailed status on lock screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the icon under Choose an app to show detailed status.

4. Select None or a listed app you want.

OPTION TWO [/i] Choose apps to show quick status on lock screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on one of the seven icons under Choose apps to show quick status.

4. Select None or a listed app you want.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above to change, add, or remove (none) any other apps you want.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

foxriderz289, Mar 27, 2015

2. Settings/Lock screen/"Choose app to show detailed status & Choose apps to show quick status" Win 10

Hi Gary,

When you start your Windows 10 computer, on the lock screen, you will be show notifications for some of your apps. They could be detailed (more information) or short status updates. You can choose which Apps should show quick status, detailed status and
    notifications on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. In this way, you can show, notifications, reminders, alarms, and more on the lock screen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 27, 2019
  3. stgreg Win User
    Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps - not working!

My OS is Windows 10 Pro (with all the latest updates).

The apps are the ones that show as quick status - lock screen. Weather, Calendar, alarms-clock, etc., etc.

Under Lock Screen settings you can choose one, for detailed status on your Lock screen. The other 6 are supposed to show "quick status" on your Lock screen.

Detailed status app, I can get weather (sometimes). The other (MAIL in particular) I can't get at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

stgreg, Oct 27, 2019
  4. kd833 Win User

Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen

Mail and Calendar not displayed for Lock Screen Detailed/Quick Status

After I updated from build 10130 to build 10159, I no longer can select Mail or Calendar apps to display Detailed / Quick Status to my lock screen because neither are listed in the drop-list. What must I do to get them back?

kd833, Oct 27, 2019
  5. GaryMcD1 Win User
    Settings/Lock screen/"Choose app to show detailed status & Choose apps to show quick status" Win 10

What does it mean to choose an application to show detailed status and to choose an application to show
    quick status? Status to whom or what? How is it used in the Lock screen context?

Are they used to let the OS Lock Screen program tell whether or not i'm on and present with the system at a certain time? that's my best answer. but I never use Skype so i should not leave it to be the flag holder i would imagine. thanks for your time...Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen :).....

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings**

GaryMcD1, Oct 27, 2019
  6. stgreg Win User
    Quick access apps do not show status on Lock Screen.

Ongoing problem for me. Tried all the MS steps - nothing worked.

I can only get the ONE App (allowed) to show detailed status on my Lock Screen. Can't get any of the choosen Apps to show quick status(or even an Icon). MAIL - won't show show quick or detailed. Help??!!

Win 10 - Version 1151 - Build 10586.71.

stgreg, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen

1. Choose Apps for Detailed and Quick Status on Windows 10 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Choose Apps Detailed

2. Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen: Hi,is it even possible to display detailed status notifications on the lock screen from thunderbird and other apps like google chrome?I have only Xbox Console available....
  3. Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen: Hi,is it even possible to display detailed status notifications on the lock screen from thunderbird and other apps like google chrome?I have only Xbox Console available....
  4. Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 - Lock Screen quick status apps - not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Lock Screen quick status apps - not working!: Calendar not show on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lock-screen-quick-status-apps-not/32e05674-257b-4f91-af81-fd3a9a7e032e
  6. Windows 11 - Lock Screen quick status apps - not working!

Windows 11 - Lock Screen quick status apps - not working!: Calendar not show on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lock-screen-quick-status-apps-not/32e05674-257b-4f91-af81-fd3a9a7e032e
  7. Can We Customize Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can We Customize Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps: There is only limited options listed in Windows 10 - Lock Screen quick status apps Dropdown ,And also There is no other options to add other apps to it e.g.FacebookWhatsAppTeamsIs any provision to add this to the list?...
  8. Quick status over Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick status over Lock screen: The weather app is not showing on the lock screen. I have tried all the things my default location is correct. I have reset it also. Tried reinstalling the app also but it doesn't work....
  9. Mail and Calendar not displayed for Lock Screen Detailed/Quick Status

Mail and Calendar not displayed for Lock Screen Detailed/Quick Status: Good day, and I hope everyone is having a good New Year so far, all things considered. :) After upgrading my Windows 10 Pro to version 2004, build 19041.685, all possible apps disappeared from the quick status + options. Prior to this update (upgrade??) I had the option for...
  10. Mail and Calendar not displayed for Lock Screen Detailed/Quick Status

Mail and Calendar not displayed for Lock Screen Detailed/Quick Status: After I updated from build 10130 to build 10159, I no longer can select Mail or Calendar apps to display Detailed / Quick Status to my lock screen because neither are listed in the drop-list. What must I do to get them back? 7678

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when high contrast mode on chosen weather app for lock screen remains disappear