Windows 10: choose default apps by file type

Discus and support choose default apps by file type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want .tif and .tiff files to be opened by MODI. MODI is installed on my computer but does not show up as an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SunilGupta4, Jul 25, 2018.

1. choose default apps by file type

I want .tif and .tiff files to be opened by MODI. MODI is installed on my computer but does not show up as an option

:)

SunilGupta4, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Jul 25, 2018
  3. choose default apps by file type

When going to Settings / Apps / Default apps , I am unable to choose default apps by file type, ie the file type boxes ( .bmp .gif etc ) greyed out "Choose a default" missing. This means every time I click a bmp or gif file I have to select what app
    to open it with .

RonHazlehurst, Jul 25, 2018
  4. choose default apps by file type

choose default apps by file type

On the .bmp and .gif files the option to "change / open with" did not show up.

other files jpeg etc did have the change option.

in settings/apps/choose default apps by file types. The boxes with a plus sign will select a default app, but there are 35 file types with greyed out boxes that if I try to select any default app will after a few seconds will close down the settings box.
    the vital file being bmp & gif.

file type .xlw .sst .pmg don't mean a lot to me !

I have tried resetting to default app but still the same.

Ron

RonHazlehurst, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

choose default apps by file type

1. choose default apps by file type - Similar Threads - choose default apps

2. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  3. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  4. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option

"Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option: Hey, got Acrobat installed but cant set it as default app to open pdf files.i have been in setting- default - "Choose Defaults by file type" ..., but there is no .pdf extension only .pdfxml right click on pdf file ---- NO OPTION TO CHANGE DEFAULT PROGRAMRight click pdf file -...
  6. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  7. Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default'

in Windows 10 Support
    Change a default file type back to 'Choose a default': WIN10, Version 2004, Build 19041-264 I have accidentally changed a file default and I want to change it back to 'Choose a default'. I have already tried 'reset' defaults but it will not change the default. Can you please help. 157993
  8. unable to choose a default app to open a file type

unable to choose a default app to open a file type: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Education N OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 7/‎17/‎2019 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 I restored file mapping to default via Default Apps Setting "reset to Microsoft recommended defaults"...
  9. Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb)

Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb): I had recently reinstalled Microsoft Windows 10 to try and fix the file associations. For the most part it fixed my issues. However, there is still one file association I have noticed that when trying to choose a default app by file type for (.laccdb) does not provide me the...
  10. 'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...: I previously asked a similar question before realizing the scale of the problem. I am running Windows 10 Home on a Surface Go. That is, I have successfully disabled S mode. I cannot set a default app unless it is 'Microsoft recommended' for a file type or protocol. An...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose default appls by file type

2. choose default apps by file type modi