Windows 10: Choose how preview builds are installed

Discus and support Choose how preview builds are installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Everytime I go to advanced options under settings - Update and Security and set the box under "Getting builds faster means you’ll see new things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wdrs, May 29, 2015.

1. wdrs Win User

Choose how preview builds are installed

Everytime I go to advanced options under settings - Update and Security and set the box under "Getting builds faster means you’ll see new things sooner. Getting builds slower could mean more solutions are available for issues." to Fast, it reverts to Slow, so the next time I go there I have to re-set it to Fast. How do I save my selection at Fast?

:)

2. Transferring license

Did you run the slmgr command to see if your Insider build is now Permanently Activated as a Retail free Upgrade?

Did you click the link I provided which shows how to continue as an Insider by choosing Get Insider Builds in Advanced Update Settings? If you choose Fast track you'll get more buggy previews, Slow track has already worked out most the bugs.

You can Get Insider Builds whether you have retail free Upgrade or just continuiing with Technical Preview Insider build.

You can continue with the Insider build on your laptop whether it is now a retail free UPgrade that's permanently activated, or just continues as a Insider Build.

You may need to wait until it's made clear how to activate new Insider installs to install it on your desktop. But you can Upgrade Windows 7 or 8.1 anyway!

This is explained more in depth here:
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22] | Blogging Windows

Is this clearer now?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Preview from Windows 7 (SP1)

I recently installed Windows 10 Preview Build 11030, choosing to overwrite my activated Windows 7.

My question is, when the final build goes live, and I choose to opt out of the windows experience program, does Windows know that I upgraded from Win7 and apply the activation? Or will I be permanently bound by the Preview builds and have to reinstall windows
    7, then windows 10 from within windows 7 on launch day?

gabriallethefallen, May 29, 2015
  4. f4llen Win User

I have the same problem with the update speed. Until build 122 I was on slow and switching to fast when new builds were available. Now when I try to switch to fast and click check updates the new build does not appear. When I go in advanced again I `m back to the slow update speed. Please advise.

f4llen, May 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Choose how preview builds are installed - Similar Threads - Choose preview builds

2. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  3. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  4. preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  5. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  6. Hamachi and preview builds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hamachi and preview builds: Seems like every preview build completely resets the networking components. So after a installing 10565 build, I had to uninstall / reinstall logmein hamachi to get it to work again. Funny thing, the disk cleanup tool could not completely remove the windows.old folder...
  7. Windows Preview build .. ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939
  8. Unable to Preview Builds

Unable to Preview Builds: Going through the process to Preview Builds - get error: Failed to check for new preview build, please try again later. 0x80248014 Ideas? Regards, 2573
  9. How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?

How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?: If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications? P.S. I already tried it with an iso Windows 10 Pro x64 Pt-Br (14393.0) The option to keep things was not...
  10. Installation of Consumer Preview Build

Installation of Consumer Preview Build: I just recently put an extra SSD on my PC and installed Build 9879. It is not working so well on my rig but I understand why. I'm not here to talk about the current issues but rather how Microsoft will deliver the Consumer Preview Build in a couple of weeks. I have seen...