Windows 10: Choose how you download

Discus and support Choose how you download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There is a tutorial for the settings 'choice of downloads' One response wrote:" the LAN peering support will help a *lot* of my clients with low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rose W, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Choose how you download

There is a tutorial for the settings 'choice of downloads'
    One response wrote:" the LAN peering support will help a *lot* of my clients with low bandwidth and metered connections"
    Today for the Feb 9 download I purposefully turned the laptop on and to the settings/update as the desktop was in the same process.
    I didn't observe any increase in time or speed with the laptop which is a lesser machine in terms of ram, power etc. and its based on the OEM home while the desktop is based on a Win7Pro
    The laptop didn't even begin displaying any download bar until after the desktop had completed.
    The download for these updates is never swift on this rural LTG or 5G type service off a local tower.
    I have gone so far as to suspect the server puts a throttle on the transmission on update Tuesdays *Wink

:)

Rose W, Feb 9, 2016

2. How to choose a download folder for each download?

In Firefox, I have the option of using a default download folder that all downloads will go to automatically, or I can configure it so that it will ask me to choose a folder every time. How do I do this in IE? I don't see an option like "always ask me where
    to save files" anywhere in the options tabs.

Thanks!

Joyce Wermont, Feb 9, 2016
  3. How to choose a download folder for each download?

Hi Joyce Wermont,

Currently, there is no option for prompt to choose a folder every time. But, you can change the default downloads location.

To change the default location:

• Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon
      on the task-bar.
    • Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click View downloads.
    • In the View Downloads dialog box, tap or click
      Options
      in the lower left hand corner.
    • Choose a different default download location by tapping or clicking
      Browse, and then tap or click OK when you're done.

Submit your feedback to the below link,

Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate

Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate

Still if you have any other queries, Reply me.. I will glad to help you.

VinOth_VingO, Feb 9, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Choose how you download

I use lan peering update for my slow laptop, and whilst not really much faster, I do see it getting files from main pc rather than over internet. Actually main pc just blips ever so often, so clearly main pc can deliver much faster than old laptop can process data.

I found out it was best to start laptop after main pc had finished updating, so it did not staert downloading from internet first.

cereberus, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Rose W Win User
    I wondered where in the actual process the 'sharing' started. Perhaps it IS after one on the peer line has accumulated since it did appear that the laptop (cable connected via router) did start displaying incoming later. I turned on a net monitoring software and included lan traffic since the blue bar didn't display for some time. Next time I'll watch upload output on that Networx readout.

Rose W, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Choose how you download

1. Choose how you download - Similar Threads - Choose download

2. If I choose the cloud download option when reinstalling Windows, does that mean I'll have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I choose the cloud download option when reinstalling Windows, does that mean I'll have...: Will I lose Microsoft Office that I purchased and Windows that I purchased, and also, I don't know if it's OEM because I got Windows along with the computer?...
  3. If I choose the cloud download option when reinstalling Windows, does that mean I'll have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I choose the cloud download option when reinstalling Windows, does that mean I'll have...: Will I lose Microsoft Office that I purchased and Windows that I purchased, and also, I don't know if it's OEM because I got Windows along with the computer?...
  4. If I choose the cloud download option when reinstalling Windows, does that mean I'll have...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I started a download and now it brings me to a blue screen that says choose an option and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I started a download and now it brings me to a blue screen that says choose an option and...: Windows 10 tried to updateHad problems beforeTried anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-a-download-and-now-it-brings-me-to-a/f04e2003-6bc6-4df1-b8e0-882c00b2cbd8
  6. I started a download and now it brings me to a blue screen that says choose an option and...

I started a download and now it brings me to a blue screen that says choose an option and...: Windows 10 tried to updateHad problems beforeTried anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-a-download-and-now-it-brings-me-to-a/f04e2003-6bc6-4df1-b8e0-882c00b2cbd8
  7. I started a download and now it brings me to a blue screen that says choose an option and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. WIFI Driver definitely not installed. Which one do I choose to download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Driver definitely not installed. Which one do I choose to download?: Hi, so I've decided I want to move my grandmothers Desktop PC to another room, however before doing so I wanted to make sure that it would connect to WIFI as for it's been connected via Ethernet since day 1. Long story short, come to find out it seems there is no WIFI driver...
  9. WIFI Driver definitely not installed. Which one do I choose to download?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Driver definitely not installed. Which one do I choose to download?: Hi, so I've decided I want to move my grandmothers Desktop PC to another room, however before doing so I wanted to make sure that it would connect to WIFI as for it's been connected via Ethernet since day 1. Long story short, come to find out it seems there is no WIFI driver...
  10. WIFI Driver definitely not installed. Which one do I choose to download?