Windows 10: choose which folders appear on start doesnt work

Discus and support choose which folders appear on start doesnt work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu. From Settings > Personalization > Start ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soxs, Dec 4, 2017.

1. soxs Win User

choose which folders appear on start doesnt work

Hello,

I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu.
    From Settings > Personalization > Start -> choose which folders appear on start , i turn some of them on (for example downloads), the switch moves to right side and turns blue, Im pressing start but the downloads folder isnt there, meanwhile the switch is reverted back left, to off mode.

Any help?

:)

soxs, Dec 4, 2017
  2. Sharief K Win User

Choose which folders appear on start Via Group Policy or Registry?

Hi,

I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forums for better assistance on this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Nate1994 Win User
    Choose which folders appear on start Via Group Policy or Registry?

I would like to choose which folders appear on start via group policy, I have been unable to find anything relating to these settings in group policy or in the registry.

Is there something I'm missing in group policy?

If not I can export keys to a reg file to apply them that way. I just need to know where these settings are stored in the registry.

Could anyone help me?

PS: Please don't direct me to the settings app, that won't help me apply settings to a bulk lot of users.

Nate1994, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

choose which folders appear on start doesnt work

1. choose which folders appear on start doesnt work - Similar Threads - choose folders appear

2. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  3. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  4. "Choose another app" doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose another app" doesnt work: Hi,I bought fresh new build PC with Win 11 Home with latest updates and drivers and when I try to Choose another app on any file it just doesnt work. For example for video files mp4, avi, etc.. I have also VLC player and MPC-HC player which I want change it to but its not...
  5. "Choose another app" doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose another app" doesnt work: Hi,I bought fresh new build PC with Win 11 Home with latest updates and drivers and when I try to Choose another app on any file it just doesnt work. For example for video files mp4, avi, etc.. I have also VLC player and MPC-HC player which I want change it to but its not...
  6. tab which appears spontaneously, leading to a file path to a file which doesnt exist...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tab which appears spontaneously, leading to a file path to a file which doesnt exist...: after buying my new laptop, all went fine, installed legitimately all the games I had on my previous laptop, plus a few other programs, all from legit sites. All went fine, until I noticed a tab which also acts like a pop-up type thing, except it inmediately disappears which...
  7. tab which appears spontaneously, leading to a file path to a file which doesnt exist...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab which appears spontaneously, leading to a file path to a file which doesnt exist...: after buying my new laptop, all went fine, installed legitimately all the games I had on my previous laptop, plus a few other programs, all from legit sites. All went fine, until I noticed a tab which also acts like a pop-up type thing, except it inmediately disappears which...
  8. tab which appears spontaneously, leading to a file path to a file which doesnt exist...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts: Hi, OneDrive is driving me crazy! It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use? The issue is that when I go to settings to unselect some folders, at least one of these issues occurs: 1. It show's this error...
  10. Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?: In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use very frequently which aren't any of the standard folders (downloads, documents etc) 21120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose which folder appear on start not working

2. choose which folders appear on start not working

3. chose which folders appear doesnt work

4. folders appear on start windows 10 doesnt work,
  5. choose which folders appear on start problem,
  6. choose which folders appear on star doesnt work,
  7. choose which folders appear on start doesnt update