Windows 10: choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN

Discus and support choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here's my situation. I have no enterprise that I am connected with. I am a widower who lives alone. In my home I have 7 computers on my LAN. One of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenFeese, Jul 13, 2018.

1. BenFeese Win User

choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN

Here's my situation. I have no enterprise that I am connected with. I am a widower who lives alone. In my home I have 7 computers on my LAN. One of them is an XP, one is a Vista 8, 2 are Win 7 and 3 are Win 10's . In the past all have had LAN access to at least one other of these computers. All currently have access to at least to one of the three printers that are on the LAN.

My problem is that I am now having trouble accessing all of these computers over my LAN. I am considering installing Homegroup on the two Win 7's and the three Win 10's. Can you tell me what advantage Homegroup would have relative to Network in my situation?

:)

BenFeese, Jul 13, 2018

2. HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 13, 2018
  4. choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN

1. choosing between Network and Homegroup in a home LAN - Similar Threads - choosing between Network

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  6. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  7. LAN Networking between two computers

LAN Networking between two computers: My network between my two computers connected via a Gigabit switch does not work, I have to uninstall my ethernet connection and restart my computer to get it working and the networking falls out again when I restart the computer. Can anyone help, it's driving me crazy....
  8. Setting up Windows 10 Home network LAN between 2 PCs on WiFi

Setting up Windows 10 Home network LAN between 2 PCs on WiFi: I tried once, long ago, to set up a personal network on my home WiFi system so I could share my printer and files between two PCs. I couldn't make it work then. Now I'm finally trying again, but I can't even seem to find anywhere in the Network and Internet screens in...
  9. windows 10 home lan network problem

windows 10 home lan network problem: I have 3 Pc in LAN. All having same version windows 10 home. all are same network group say WORKGROUP. there are 3 Pc . PC A ,B C. In Pc B i m facing problem. as in Pc B i can see all lan pc name on network but could not access A and C. but from PC A & C i can access Pc B....
  10. Lan network

Lan network: How can I make Windows 10 to make automatic IP adress for my Lan network so it will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lan-network/77038a8c-38c9-4d0b-a151-ed10442803e9