Windows 10: Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN

Discus and support Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Making my own screens sounds like fun but right now I am trying to control my login screen. Windows 10 chooses a screen for me, changes them anytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jagman, Sep 8, 2017.

1. jagman Win User

Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN

Making my own screens sounds like fun but right now I am trying to control my login screen.
    Windows 10 chooses a screen for me, changes them anytime without my opinion.

1. How do I pick one I like, save it for next time?

2. Can I SEE what is available so can SAVE them, then change when I want? Win 7 was easy but, What I suspected is true, MICROSOFT by removing some things, decide for us like FORCING updates, like it or not (big Brother)

:)

jagman, Sep 8, 2017

2. Change Picture on the Log-In Screen

Good because it is a ludicrous omission not letting us choose our own login screen. I would actually like it to be a blurred out image of your own choosing (an option).

Johnnyzenith, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Lock screen & Desktop Backgrounds

This is NOT HELPFUL because I'm wanting to REMOVE that additional screen. Its an extra step to accessing my computer. Already have a login screen, I don't want that screen to come up. I want to DELETE it. I went to the personalization area and there is NOT
    a way to remove it. Under Lockscreen then Background one can only choose

Windows spotlight

Picture

Slideshow

(choose a picture) or browse to choose from ones own library of photos

I want it GONE. Please consider this in a very near update, it's annoying.

Rootedbutterfly, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jagman, *Smile

If you wanted your sign-in screen to use the same image you set for your lock screen then you can use the tutorials below to do so.

Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

If you wanted to use a custom sign-in background image that's not the same as your lock screen, then you can use the method in the tutorial below to do so.

Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Sound like you have the lock screen set to use Spotlight which changes the pictures regularly. You can find and save the Spotlight pictures...
    Find and Save Windows Spotlight Background Images in Windows 10

Bree, Sep 8, 2017
  6. jagman Win User
    Maybe will check but the ones OFFERED is only 5 and NONE look like the ones they choose. I press BROWSE and it goes to my file system and nothing there.

Where can I find theirs?

jagman, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The default lock screen background images included in Windows are located in the C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder, but you can navigate to and select any image you want.

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  8. jagman Win User

C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder I checked them out but they are the 5 thy show on the "settings/background"They are not the ones I see every time I logon . Some are, some not. They are getting them someplace. Do you know where they are getting them?
    Are the ones they give me from the net?

jagman, Sep 8, 2017
  9. jagman Win User
    Let me maybe ask a new question.
    Some of theirs are great. Do you know where they get them. ie, where I can find them? I can then copy, paste to:C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder and then choose with the BROWSE. Correct?

jagman, Sep 8, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  11. jagman Win User
    THANKS, will give it a shot.

jagman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Choosing my own LOGIN SCREEN - Similar Threads - Choosing own LOGIN

2. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Choose an option" screen: Hello so i was deleting app for spaces on my HP 15 Notebook PC and I may delete the system and then I turn off my laptop and now my screen stuck like this when i press troubleshoot there other choice but none of them are working and i check for tutorial there suppose to be...
  3. How can I track login/screen time on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I track login/screen time on my own PC?: I have a windows 10 PC and I want to find out how long I spend on it, so I'm trying to find a feature, program or application that will tell me how long I spend logged off and logged on (I have a habit of locking my PC whenever I get up, so I figure it would be an easy way to...
  4. My screen only shows the "choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen only shows the "choose an option" screen: How to install windown on this screen by usb step by step pls.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-only-shows-the-choose-an-option-screen/13421fae-0e59-4d83-94d8-c790642d4212
  5. Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to my own Laptop with my Microsoft account: This has started on Sunday the 11th of October. I turned on my laptop and put my password and say i got it wrong. I try it again 20 times nothing happens. Then i go to forgote password and change it on my phone. So when i put my new password it then says the device is...
  6. Screen changes on own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen changes on own: I upgraded to win 10 from win 8 and 10 first came out. Lately, my screen when working on anything changes on me. It suddenly reduces in size and the screen shows a choice of other desktop layouts, and below shows different miniature screens of things I worked on in Excel....
  7. How to login to my own files on USB drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to login to my own files on USB drive?: I am so accustomed to using the take ownership shortcut when moving old files to a new system that I never thought what a legitimate way to do this might be. So if a pool hard drive from the old system put it on USB hook it up to the new system I see my Files under Documents...
  8. choose a option screen

choose a option screen: after updating my system with updates, my system does not book. It is stuck in choose a option screen. I am not able to proceed to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-a-option-screen/f6cea40e-0672-484e-aec1-a7311a95b16a
  9. Choose my own username while installing windows

Choose my own username while installing windows: Is there a way to choose my own username while installing windows 10 because it automatically chooses the username without asking me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-my-own-username-while-installing-windows/8a139c21-12ad-47f9-b4ea-c575815fe994
  10. Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...: Is Microsoft as dumb as apple to think people cant decide and make decisions for themselves?? Sad Microsoft used to let customers choose what they want, but forcing people to have accounts unsecured is sad.. Making people write down 100 different passwords every 6 months...