Windows 10: Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help!

Discus and support Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having problems with one aspect of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and that's the old DirectX 9 games, the ones that require the runtime libraries to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Foebane72, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Foebane72 Win User

Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help!

I am having problems with one aspect of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and that's the old DirectX 9 games, the ones that require the runtime libraries to be installed. The problem is the video side of the games is choppy and stuttery, and the same goes for apps that use DirectX 9, like emulators. I have installed the latest drivers for graphics, LAN and audio (in fact, Windows did it all, but I reinstalled them anyway, but no joy) and I am nowhere near finding out what the problem is and solving it. I have tried disabling the Gaming settings, but no joy, going for maximum performance on both graphics and power, but no joy and I am at my wit's end.

I doubt it can be anything to do with the SSD I've just installed Windows 10 on, so that's that.

:)

Foebane72, Nov 7, 2017

2. Error: DirectX 9 video card required

One of my game requires directX 9 but I'm running on windows 10 which have directx12. But I am not able to open the game. Whenever I do, I'm getting the error message saying directx 9 video card required. Can anyone please help me?

Original Title: DirectX

Arvind1378, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Frame rates may drop on some DirectX 9 games at high fps (>120fps) after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Since installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the average frame rate of my DirectX 9 game has dropped when I play at high frame rates (e.g. > 120 fps) in full-screen mode. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Catherine Cus., Nov 7, 2017
  4. Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help!

TairikuOkami, Nov 8, 2017
  5. Foebane72 Win User
    Foebane72, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help!

1. Choppy DirectX 9 video since full Windows 10 install - Help! - Similar Threads - Choppy DirectX video

2. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  3. DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 installation is missing for Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! In following post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1 in reply there is a suggestion to download DirectX End-User Runtime, a link which was broken lately - it simply...
  4. DirectX 9 Wont Install on Windows 10 1.2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 Wont Install on Windows 10 1.2021: Hi ! Cannot download "DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2010", download link http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/A/84A35BF1-DAFE-4AE8-82AF-AD2AE20B6B14/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe Seems to be broken. There was no mention about Windows 10 dropping support of Direct...
  5. Directx 9 install error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Directx 9 install error on Windows 10: Really I'm trying to play Black Ops 1, and there's no sound. I've looked around a lot for a solution and the only one that really works is to go in the _Redist file that contains direct x9 setup dxwebsetup, and then "Error creating process <C:\Users\user...
  6. DirectX 9 on Windows 10 installation internal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 on Windows 10 installation internal error: Hi, I have a brand new laptop and I’m trying to install directX 9 to play old games. I used the standalone runtime june 2010 and it gives me an error everytime, and it tells me to check some error logs that dont exist. If I run it on compatibility mode it installs but...
  7. DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop: I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10. The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install. I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop. Any...
  8. Choppy Video Since Last Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choppy Video Since Last Windows 10 Update: Dear Community, I never had a problem with choppy video until 4 days ago after the latest Windows 10 update. Now when I play a video it stops and delays then plays then stops. I never had so many problems as I have with every Windows 10 updates. My PC is relatively new 14...
  9. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  10. Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe to install DirectX 9 on Windows 10?: Refreshing a friend's PC and they play some older games that require it. 40027

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plays.tv choppy directx 9