Windows 10: Chrome 7 entries

Discus and support Chrome 7 entries in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello Under task manager >startup> Chrome, I noticed there are 7 .exe entries that appear to be the same; same date, same size, same location but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maranna, Mar 10, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

Chrome 7 entries

Hello
    Under task manager >startup> Chrome, I noticed there are 7 .exe entries that appear to be the same; same date, same size, same location but differ in degree from low to medium to high. They are between 'chrome metrics' and 'set up visual....'
    Are these all necessary so I should remove all but one? Are all 7 from previous installations?
    Thank you

:)

maranna, Mar 10, 2017
  2. 2lrn Win User

enlarging text size in windows 10

I know this is several months later, but thank you for this entry. It worked on chrome as well. Chrome 7 entries :)

3. background intelligence transfer service

And you expanded that service host local system entry (at the sideways triangle) and it says it's BITS?

I am wondering why there are 5 entries for Chrome...one for each opened tab I reckon?

ireallylovecomputersandchocolate, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Chrome 7 entries

Hi maranna.

I would first disable them and test outcome. Some are likely apps like Google Drive.

Once you are sure that everything is running, then I would create a restore point and then delete. I would test for a while as not everyone uses every piece of their browser every day.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    The Chrome entries go from 10 to 2 etc. They seem to be apps. How can I disable one as the right click does not allow for that?

maranna, Mar 11, 2017
  6. This is the way Chrome always runs. It uses seperate processes for everything. Browser apps will run in a seperate process and Chrome also uses separate processes for separate tabs. This way if one tab or page locks up it doesnt lock the whole browser up with it.

ArazelEternal, Mar 11, 2017
  7. Since these are in your startup tab of task manager Chrome has determined you need them to run the Apps you have installed.

What you could do is review your installed Apps ( and maybe even your installed extensions ) and determine if you really need them. Then you could uninstall and if they placed a Startup Entry then they should remove it.

If you want to keep everything you have then just ignore the Startup entries.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  8. maranna Win User

Chrome 7 entries

I do understand and thank you.

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome 7 entries

1. Chrome 7 entries - Similar Threads - Chrome entries

2. i cant get google chrome without administrator login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i cant get google chrome without administrator login: My google chrome wont let me open it up without administrator login! I had posted this problem and got alot of of advice to completely erase it from all programs on my lap top from the download file to the control panel and another video they send me in how to delete it. I...
  3. Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome 77 is blocking access to NETGEAR login pages running Windows 10; what do I do?: After a recent Google Chrome release (77.0.3865.75), NETGEAR was made aware of an issue where access to NETGEAR admin login pages is being blocked on NETGEAR products. An HTTP authentication option called Committed Interstitials appears to be the cause of this issue. If you...
  4. Edge Chromium Beta v77.0.223.0 x32 won't update, same with chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Beta v77.0.223.0 x32 won't update, same with chrome: On my laptop I'm running the 32 bit version of edge chromium beta and it refuses to update to the latest version of edge chromium beta and chrome. FF updates without issue so I'm confused as to what is stopping this process. Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm running...
  5. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The advantage is that nothing is tracked, except if they sign in to some services. While Chrome Guest [...] This post How to always...
  6. Unable to install Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Google Chrome: Hi, I just got a new Dell with windows 10 Home and can't download Google Chrome because of windows "security" because the website is a secure website.. I've seen all the other people having this issue and the moderators saying it's because you have windows 10S instead of 10...
  7. Google Chrome Finds My Correct Location Win 10 Not So Much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Finds My Correct Location Win 10 Not So Much: Hello, I am trying to figure out why Windows 10 thinks I'm in San Diego when I am actually in New Hampshire. Google Chrome doesn't seem t have a problem finding my correct location, however the Maps App insists I'm in Cali. It stinks because my time server always syncs to...
  8. Edge Chromium Beta v77.0.223.0 x32 won't update, same with chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Chromium Beta v77.0.223.0 x32 won't update, same with chrome: On my laptop I'm running the 32 bit version of edge chromium beta and it refuses to update to the latest version of edge chromium beta and chrome. FF updates without issue so I'm confused as to what is stopping this process. Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm running...
  9. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default: My mom has been having this problem with Windows 10 for the past few years, first with her desktop just completely crashing (Bluescreening and the whole shibang). However now, with her laptop, its been updating fine for the most part. But its been acting oddly. It deletes...
  10. chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome lag and off and on freeze since update 2019: Since the Aug 2019 update chrome lags and when looking at some website or just the bookmarks it freezes and I get a message that says chrome is not responding then it goes back to working and lagging is there a fix or can I get rid of the update to go back to chrome working...