Windows 10: Chrome and explorer do not work

Discus and support Chrome and explorer do not work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have an issue with the 2 browsers (chrome and explorer). Chrome was working just fine today then stop working. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LooseGoose, May 14, 2016.

1. Chrome and explorer do not work

Have an issue with the 2 browsers (chrome and explorer).

Chrome was working just fine today then stop working. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Did not work.

The issue says that Chrome is unable connect to the internet.

Windows says that I am connected to the internet(Ethernet).

I can logon just fine with internet explorer (I can access the internet and visit web pages). However, it seems if I ever try to click on a link, exlorer more or less craps the bed and sits there. Something about script too long (script error). and there is a constant popup from the bottom that asks if I should allow popups from this site.

This is my parent's computer, they are not tech-savvy, so I am doing my best to help them. This is my first encounter with windows 10 and it feels like crawling through a labyrinth

My father managed to get malware on the computer which may be the original culprit in all this. Got rid of the malware. Did a few scans with Kaspersky, spybot and malware bytes. Everything seems to be in order as far as that goes.

Just unable to browse the web with chrome or efficiently with internet explorer.

Thanks for your help.

Should I seek help from google support forums as well?

:)

LooseGoose, May 14, 2016

2. Chrome and Firefox do not work in Windows 10 after an update

Hi,

We appreciate you providing us with those helpful answers.

Let's further troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing by following these methods:

Method 1 -
    Create another administrator account
    and see if the issue is still present.

Method 2 - Boot PC into Safe Mode with Networking and observe if the issue persists.

Starting your PC in Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode with Networking:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 5 or press the F5 key from the keyboard after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Method 3 - Perform a Clean Boot.

Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
    link
    on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, May 14, 2016
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Chrome and Firefox do not work in Windows 10 after an update

Hi,

To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried updating your flash player?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit Enter.

• Choose
      Programs.

• Click on
      Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Chrome and explorer do not work

1. Chrome and explorer do not work - Similar Threads - Chrome explorer

2. My task bar becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore...: "Im having issues with my pc, my task bar sometimes becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore things keep backtracking and going back to previous windows, I have scanned for viruses I have none, can anyone help me with this issue?" As seen...
  3. My task bar becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task bar becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore...: "Im having issues with my pc, my task bar sometimes becomes unable to be interacted with and while using chrome and file explore things keep backtracking and going back to previous windows, I have scanned for viruses I have none, can anyone help me with this issue?" As seen...
  4. download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????: download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ???? download via browser opens download in documents but dwonload with arrow down gives message?...
  5. download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????: download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ???? download via browser opens download in documents but dwonload with arrow down gives message?...
  6. download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????

7. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads: File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloadsFriends,I appreciate your help. All my existing PDF files in a File Explorer-Desktop folder have been converted to Chrome HTML Document file type - both existing files and any new...
  8. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads: File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloadsFriends,I appreciate your help. All my existing PDF files in a File Explorer-Desktop folder have been converted to Chrome HTML Document file type - both existing files and any new...
  9. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

10. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...: Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window Chrome & Explorer are both effected.I originally posted a question on these forums over two years ago and did...