Windows 10: Chrome and the mouse wheel

Discus and support Chrome and the mouse wheel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since CU I've been unable to get my mouse wheel to scroll in Chrome. It scrolls within the messages in Outlook. But it won't scroll in Edge or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrydonline, May 21, 2017.

1. Chrome and the mouse wheel

Since CU I've been unable to get my mouse wheel to scroll in Chrome.

It scrolls within the messages in Outlook. But it won't scroll in Edge or Chrome.

All the settings have been triple checked and checked again. Something must have been broken in the Creator's Update.

:)

larrydonline, May 21, 2017

2. Here.com, Windows 8.1, Chrome 31

Hi,

On my home PC (Windows 8.1), the mouse wheel does not work on HERE.com maps on Chrome
    31.0.1650.57 m. On IE 11, the mouse wheel works, but maps are not correctly loaded.

On my work PC (Windows 7), HERE.com works normally (mouse wheel included) on the same Chrome version: 31.0.1650.57 m.

Regards,

bearshare---01, May 21, 2017
  3. Here.com, Windows 8.1, Chrome 31

Hi,

The issue remains: I simply can't use HERE.com on my Home PC (Windows 8.1) if I use Chrome 31, because the mouse wheel doesn't do nothing. If I access HERE.com with Internet Explorer 11, the mouse wheel works fine.

Cheers,

bearshare---01, May 21, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Chrome and the mouse wheel

If you're running a logitech mouse, there's a SetPoint extension you need to add into Chrome (and Firefox as well, for all I know) to get scrolling to work properly. That may fix your problem if it is indeed related. If not, I apologize for waving a red herring in your direction!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Chrome and the mouse wheel [​IMG]

EdTittel, May 21, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Interesting, I normally use a wired Microsoft mouse on my 15063 but I tried a Logitech Wireless mouse with the long transceiver [stores in the base of the mouse] which didn't work. However a newer Logitech with the nano transceiver worked fine. The test was done only at the desktop, each mouse would install but that one model wouldn't move at all, green light wouldn't come on. I keep it for working on Notebooks as the long transceiver is a good reminder for me not to let it get away and it has been fine on all the Notebooks I've worked on.

Berton, May 21, 2017
  6. That extension did work for me. Thanks, Ed.

larrydonline, May 29, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Glad it helped. When you recommend stuff, you never know if your own personal experience will translate successfully into somebody else's personal experience.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome and the mouse wheel

1. Chrome and the mouse wheel - Similar Threads - Chrome mouse wheel

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel: I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I...
  5. Mouse Wheel

Mouse Wheel: I usually have my wireless mouse which I can normally scroll with by well... scrolling. When I switched to one of my old mice for a few hours which used a hold to scroll my other mouse also did that. I want to turn it back to normal scrolling instead of having to hold/click...
  6. mouse wheel issues

mouse wheel issues: I am using an HP wireless mouse/keyboard. The mouse wheel operation has become an issue and is inconsistant. I can open one tab in a browser and after a few moves around the page and at some point the scrolling gets locked and it can't be unlocked and you need to do page...
  7. Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll: Why does chrome jerk when scrolling with the mouse wheel. It does not do that in IE or EDGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-jerking-with-mouse-wheel-scroll/f0e36aa7-133a-4211-a3a1-fd7b4f35ca3b
  8. mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse wheel: I am using Windows 10, and suddenly my mouse scrolls to fast. I have looked at the settings for my mouse, and I don't have an option to slow it down. Any suggestions to my problem?...
  9. Scroll Down using mouse wheel not working in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Scroll Down using mouse wheel not working in Google Chrome: I can scroll down in windows explorer etc etc but i cant scroll down in google chrome but i can scroll up?? wth? help? 94439
  10. Mouse Wheel Not Working

Mouse Wheel Not Working: Hello. Lately mouse wheel has not been working. When I press the middle mouse button, the wheel appears for just a little bit, and then disappears. I can't use it to scroll. 42953