Windows 10: Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge

Discus and support Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Google Chrome downloads on windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge. I want google chrome as I need it for my study. * Moved from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GainaH, Aug 6, 2018.

1. GainaH Win User

Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge

Google Chrome downloads on windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge. I want google chrome as I need it for my study.

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: Google Chrome

:)

GainaH, Aug 6, 2018

2. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome downloads on Windows 10 but then I only have the option of using Edge - Similar Threads - Chrome downloads option

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Only chrome and edge work on this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  5. Only chrome and edge work on this network

Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  6. download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????: download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ???? download via browser opens download in documents but dwonload with arrow down gives message?...
  7. download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????

download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ????: download folder not available via explorer ; only via browser chrome or edge ???? download via browser opens download in documents but dwonload with arrow down gives message?...
  8. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option: help i think i’m missing a driver or something. i can’t use wireless internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-use-the-internet-i-only-have-ethernet-as/b53d0e10-c27d-4fc8-86b5-e008040ac5c1
  9. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option: help i think i’m missing a driver or something. i can’t use wireless internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-use-the-internet-i-only-have-ethernet-as/b53d0e10-c27d-4fc8-86b5-e008040ac5c1
  10. i cannot use the internet i only have ethernet as an option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing