Windows 10: chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

Discus and support chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, On my brandnew Win 10 Laptop, i had in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{...}\*.sys\Application a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicroDriver, Aug 12, 2018.

1. chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

Hi,

On my brandnew Win 10 Laptop, i had in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{...}\*.sys\Application a chrome.exe file and an folder named with the current version of chrome (68.0.3440....). This chrome was also usable for surfing and available for choice in the list for standard apps. I downloaded chrome from google and after installing it, as I saw the chrome.exe in the Definition Update section, i officially deinstalled it in the apps&feature section. After a scan with Windows Defender, the folder and the chrome.exe is no more existing. But the google/chrome registry items can not be deleted and in the list of the standard apps, chrome still remains. Has anybody an idea what this was? Is this normal? Bitdefender says everything is ok (after a system scan). Thanks a lot.

:)

MicroDriver, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Aug 12, 2018
  3. cseabrook Win User
    Accurately display C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ with Windows 10

This is in regards to Windows 10.

The start menu's All Apps menu does not display the directory structure of: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs correctly. It does not show all of the program short cuts, or the nested (organized) folders.

To open most of my commonly used programs, I have to right-click on another program tile, select "open file location", and then find the short-cut, or go and find the .exe file in 'Program Files". This is very inefficient.

Is their a way to fix the start menu, or get it to re-search and re-list the short cuts in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs? Can the start menu be configured to read and show nested folders with a three layer deep directory structure?

Can I manually drag and drop short-cuts from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs (will that do anything)? Is their something I can do with the registry?

Do I have to install:

http://www.classicshell.net/

Thank you for your time.

cseabrook, Aug 12, 2018
  4. chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

Programdata folder with USOPrivate and USOshared folder

On Windows 10 under the C:\Programdata folder I keep seeing the following folders USOPrivate and USOshared. Any idea what they are? Some articles on the net suggest they are malware. please confirm.

Synckronize, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

1. chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition... - Similar Threads - chrome exe Folder

2. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE: This is not a question, rather, it's a post that I hope will help someone else. Like many people/orgs we recently were impacted with the Chrome "Aw, Snap" error. In our case, the error code was: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.Most posted answers included a "solution" to rename the...
  3. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE: This is not a question, rather, it's a post that I hope will help someone else. Like many people/orgs we recently were impacted with the Chrome "Aw, Snap" error. In our case, the error code was: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.Most posted answers included a "solution" to rename the...
  4. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to register a C++ exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  6. Not able to register a C++ exe

Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  7. Can not run .exe file. chrome setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not run .exe file. chrome setup: I need to install chrome so when i go to chrome.google.com i download the For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 64-bit. Once it downloads i open it, my cursor shows the loading symbol, but it never opens. any ideas on why?...
  8. C++ Build and .exe files

C++ Build and .exe files: I have been developing a game in C++ for a while now, and I finally decided to make an alpha build and send it to my friend and have him test it. At which point, we ran into the issue of windows defender deleting the file saying its a virus. I know how to circumvent for this...
  9. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

Dismhost exe in Temp folder: I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer with...
  10. EXE in Startup folder not running

EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...