Windows 10: Chrome interface using wingdings fonts, pages display fine though

Discus and support Chrome interface using wingdings fonts, pages display fine though in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As per the title and screenshot (Imgur) you can see I have a very strange problem. Was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, upgraded automatically this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bbbbburton, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Chrome interface using wingdings fonts, pages display fine though

As per the title and screenshot (Imgur) you can see I have a very strange problem. Was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, upgraded automatically this morning to Windows 10 Pro, everything went smoothly except Chrome is using Wingdings fonts to display the interface. However, the pages display with regular fonts.

This is the only program I am having issues with. I have already uninstalled and deleted the Chrome files in AppData but even after reinstall I still have this problem.

Cheers!

:)

bbbbburton, Aug 4, 2015
  2. AyeLwinOo Win User

Wingdings Font not found

Hello Mike

Thanks for yr reply.

I got Wingdings font but not Wingdings 2 and Wingdings 3. I actually need these two fonts to use.

Thanks again

Aye

AyeLwinOo, Aug 4, 2015
  3. AyeLwinOo Win User
    Wingdings Font not found

Hello

I recently updated to 1709 and today I found Wingdings 2 and 3 fonts are not in fonts folder. I created some mq4 indicators using with MT4 paltform and I used some wingdings font in there for showing some symbols. But now I saw only characters . Please advice
    me how to reinstall these 2 fonts.

Thanks and regards

Aye

AyeLwinOo, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Chrome interface using wingdings fonts, pages display fine though

1. Chrome interface using wingdings fonts, pages display fine though - Similar Threads - Chrome interface using

2. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  3. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  4. system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings: Look at this screenshot/ when i type something in the example box its all garbled. also the preview box for the font int he previous screen under <fonts> is also garbled. the segmdl font is also garbled. How to fix this? cannot uninstall system font.font cache, font reset...
  5. system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system Font SEGOE FLUENT display in Windows 11 font manager is garbled with strange wingdings: Look at this screenshot/ when i type something in the example box its all garbled. also the preview box for the font int he previous screen under <fonts> is also garbled. the segmdl font is also garbled. How to fix this? cannot uninstall system font.font cache, font reset...
  6. Windows 10 font got changed to some sort of Wingdings/Tetris looking font, not legible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 font got changed to some sort of Wingdings/Tetris looking font, not legible: [ATTACH] On certain websites and certain applications on my computer the font has been changed? I suspect its some sort of default font mapping that's mapping to this weird alien language looking one. And on this site I noticed the same thing, when I check the inspect the...
  7. What's the Font Used in the Response Interface?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the Font Used in the Response Interface?: Hi, I was wondering what is the font that TenForums use in the Reply interface? I don't mean the fonts that appear in the actual thread (the question, responses, and comments). I mean when you click the link in order to reply and a box appears in which you type in your reply...
  8. Cannot download file in Firefox on some web pages, Chrome fine

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download file in Firefox on some web pages, Chrome fine: When I click the below link in Chrome it downloads the file or asks me where I want to save it, BUT in Firefox it just refreshes the page... This occurs on 2 machines I have, HP Win 8.1 and new Lenovo Win 10 Home edition with all updates. So Chrome will download like normal,...
  9. Edge web page font wording is too fine and squashed together want Tahoma font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge web page font wording is too fine and squashed together want Tahoma font: Ok I've tried searching on the web and haven't found any solution. Now when reading a page in an Edge web page or trying to read a search result, the writing starting with the date under the dark blue question & green web page https: is too fine & squashed together. I want...
  10. Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected: Since installing Win 10 I have had a variety of problems with Chrome and in general reinstalling has temporarily solved the problem. I have the latest version of Chrome installed but I occasionally have a page freeze and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. If I...