Windows 10: Chrome is all white problem

Discus and support Chrome is all white problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Chrome is all white on one of my laptops. There are no tabs or web address field. Please see attached picture. I can't uninstall either...... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hoggorm, May 29, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Chrome is all white problem

Hi,

Chrome is all white on one of my laptops. There are no tabs or web address field. Please see attached picture.

I can't uninstall either...

How can I fix this?

Chrome is all white problem [​IMG]

:)

Hoggorm, May 29, 2017

2. Some icons of desktop shortcuts gone blank in Windows 10 PC .

This is too simple!! All of my shortcuts in the Windows 10 desktop have become white or blank. These are ONLY the shortcuts which normally have the Chrome Icon.

Simply, re-install Chrome over top of the existing Chrome.

Problem fixed!! No more white icons. All are back to the Chrome icons.

Fred--In--Tamarac, May 29, 2017
  3. Some icons of desktop shortcuts gone blank in Windows 10 PC .

What happened was all of my chrome desktop shortcuts became white. The easy fix.....I reinstalled chrome over the exsisting chrome. .....problem resolved!

Fred--In--Tamarac, May 29, 2017
  4. prikker Win User

prikker, May 29, 2017
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    I was able to uninstall Chrome with Revo uninstaller, but trying to install the browser again produced the same result as the image above...

Hoggorm, May 29, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    - Random ideas:

- Reinstall/replace your display driver. This was a fix when others were having an issue with Edge not displaying properly.

- Manually remove any Chrome entries in your registry (regedit) Even Revo leaves some of these at times.

- Are you downloading Chrome from the Google Chrome site or a 3rd party ?

- Disable your addons to see if any effect.

- Full scan with your AV.

torre, May 30, 2017
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    - Reinstall/replace your display driver. This was a fix when others were having an issue with Edge not displaying properly.

- Unfortunately this did not help... This is a low end computer with Intel Graphics only
    - Manually remove any Chrome entries in your registry (regedit) Even Revo leaves some of these at times.

- I'm not sure how to do this... I'm no computer expert and is very afraid of stirring in the registry...
    - Are you downloading Chrome from the Google Chrome site or a 3rd party ?

- It is beeing downloaded from Google Chrome
    - Disable your addons to see if any effect.

- What addons do you mean? This is a fresh install of Windows and Chrome is one of only five programs I have installed on this computer.

- Full scan with your AV.

- It is done without any findings. However as mentioned this is a clean Win 10 install so I would not expect anything either...

Unfortunately not...

Hoggorm, May 30, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Google Groupes

You may also address this issue at the Chrome Forum (above link)

Not certain and doubt this will help, but if you prefer to delete Chrome from registry: (Others may be able to provide better instruction)

- hold windows icon key (lower left) and r down at same time. Registry Editor will appear

- click Current User/Software, Check for Chrome entries, left click and delete

- click Local Machine/Software, same procedure

- Scroll down further under Local Machine and click WOW6432, same procedure

Addons are any addon which you have added to the Chrome browser. Just disable them.

You may also want to disable your AV to see if any effect.

What other 4 programs do you have installed ?

torre, May 31, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    I have seen this problem before in the past. IIRC, the trick was to copy the file chrome.exe to say chrome2.exe, and recreate the shortcut.

cereberus, May 31, 2017
  10. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you, I'll check that link. I've not added any addons to the browser since it has not been working at all. It did work before I reinstalled Windows last week.

I have tried to stop the anti-virus software from running but it didt not help either...

The other 4 programs are

Kaspersky 2017 Antivirus
    CCleaner
    Auslogics Disk Defrag
    ShipPlotter
    AISRec

Ok, so it was 5 *Smile

I tried to rename the chrome.exe file to chrome2.exe, but still the same...

Hoggorm, Jun 1, 2017
  11. Use Firefox at least you don't get a white screen.

Josey Wales, Jun 2, 2017
  12. Hoggorm Win User
    Yeah, it works with Edge and Internet Explorer, so I could do that. Still Chrome is preferred, and it is strange it does not work... It did work on this computer before the reinstall of Windows.

Hoggorm, Jun 2, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Jun 2, 2017
  14. torre Win User
    May try to disable to see if any effect. Cerebus may have the answer.

Kaspersky
    ShipPlotter
    AISRec

torre, Jun 2, 2017
  15. Hoggorm Win User
    ShipPlotter and AISRec is the very reason this computer is running, so even if it could be one of those software it is not an option to disable them.

I tried all suggestions in Cerebus link except Solution 2, but it did not fix the problem.

Thanks for all the help so far. I guess I'm leaving this problem alone for now...

Hoggorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome is all white problem - Similar Threads - Chrome white problem

2. Chrome problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome problem: So google chrome always blocks the sites i trust like fandom, filehorse and many others Is there a solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-problem/21cb6590-764e-4ce2-b43c-8f6c29fc169b
  3. Chrome problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome problem: So google chrome always blocks the sites i trust like fandom, filehorse and many others Is there a solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-problem/21cb6590-764e-4ce2-b43c-8f6c29fc169b
  4. chrome all black

in Browsers and Email
    chrome all black: sometimes when i start chrome, it is all black for 30-60 seconds [img] 176095
  5. White flash on chrome launch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flash on chrome launch.: submitted by /u/Honest_Anybody [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4fz9n/white_flash_on_chrome_launch/
  6. Problems with CHrome

in Cortana
    Problems with CHrome: OK whenever I type something into google chrome it redirects me to yahoo search and I have google as my main browser i am running windows 10 from what I have heard it may be a malware problem but I don't know how to fix it....
  7. Chrome opens with only a white screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome opens with only a white screen: I recently added RAM and upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 Pro. Everything upgraded and worked fine, except Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstall Google Chrome a number of times. The install seems to work fine with no error messages or hang ups. Then when I...
  8. Chrome problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome problems: After windows forced me to update the system updates KB4533002 and KB4530684 one or both of the updates is causing some issues while I'm using chrome as slow loading of pages and delay of selecting things before it's fully loaded. When I fist started chrome after the update...
  9. Chrome problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome problems: I try to print an email from outlook through my google chrome browser and both preview and print are blank. What should I do to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-problems/8692b67b-9f63-4c63-a2c2-4764bd6797f1
  10. All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help: I have tried everything on this forum to try and remedy this issue none of them worked, i am on the latest update for windows 10 pro (version 1803 os build 17134.191) 64 bit system, Processor AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHZ 4gb of ram, this issue just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome2.exe