Windows 10: Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages

Discus and support Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my new 480GB SSD, booting alongside Windows 7, Chrome has been acting super strange. This is annoying due to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MrMii Win 10, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages

Since I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my new 480GB SSD, booting alongside Windows 7, Chrome has been acting super strange. This is annoying due to the fact that I've used Chrome since XP without a hitch until now. I've read that some people have issues with it regarding the April Creator update (although the issue is mostly non-existent for April Creator users it seems), but I'm not downgrading back to 10240.

The main issue it has is that it seems to take an absurdly long time to load any webpage I try to visit, having the "establishing secure connection..." message in the bottom left for a long while. Sometimes, the page will load, but usually Chrome comes back with, "Couldn't load [website here], it took too long to respond." This happens even with google.com or Google Drive, their own services. As a troubleshooting method, here's what I've tried to no avail:

-Reinstalling Chrome, multiple times
    -Disabling all of my extensions

Just to be sure it wasn't my machine, I tried another browser, Edge. It works as expected. That's what I'm using at this very moment. Also tried IE 11 and it has no noticable issues.

Before making this thread, I looked at other threads here to see if anyone else had the same issues. I came across this one here: Internet browsers all come up with "Can't reach page" It gave a couple of CMD commands in order to possibly fix a similar issue:

I gave those a try and Chrome seemed to work almost 100%. But after I restarted, it was back to "establishing secure connection..." again. I have not tried Firefox yet. If anyone could give some insight here, I would VERY much appreciate it. Edge isn't bad, but I'd like to continue using Chrome if possible.

Thanks,
    Robert

:)

MrMii Win 10, Aug 31, 2018

2. Establishing Secure Connection Error

I did update an Intel driver and switched to Firefox (from Chrome) and this problem has resolved. I have switched back to Chrome and after a couple of days have not had the 'establishing secure connection' problem.

Will I have to continue to go to the Intel Driver update to ensure my drivers are current - or does MS include when updating windows 10? Thank you for your help.

BarbaraPettinger, Aug 31, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages

Chrome will soon mark some HTTP pages as 'non-secure'

Read more: Chrome will soon mark some HTTP pages as 'non-secure' | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages

1. Chrome is stuck at "establishing secure connection..." on all pages - Similar Threads - Chrome stuck establishing

2. Notepad.exe established a connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notepad.exe established a connection: notepad.exe established a TCP/443 connection to 20.189.173.10:443 mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com, located in San Jose CA, United StatesMay I ask why notepad does this? The IP shown is from Microsoft...
  3. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  4. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  5. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Connection with network not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  7. Connection with network not established

Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  8. Music Manager - cannot establish a secure connection ....

Music Manager - cannot establish a secure connection ....: Hello Microsoft friends, I'm hoping you might be able to solve this very frustrating issue. I'm trying to transfer songs from itunes to google play music via the music manager app. However, I keep getting - can't establish secure connection error. [ATTACH] I have...
  9. Establishing secure connection loads https pages very slow in any browser in fresh Win10...

Establishing secure connection loads https pages very slow in any browser in fresh Win10...: Could anybody please let me know how to manually fix this problem, which I have been experiencing ever since I have installed fresh Win10 Home HUN installation. Any browser I have (Chrome, MS Edge) takes ages to display any https web page. When I manually stop the...
  10. establishing a secure connection

establishing a secure connection: why do I keep getting a message about establishing a secure connection when I have just browsed a web site and change to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/establishing-a-secure-connection/6f1b36e2-c75a-43c1-baeb-aa0ccf6411ad

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome stuck establishing secure connection

2. chrome establishing secure connection

3. chrome establishing secure connection fix

4. chrome stuck on establishing connection,
  5. chrome stuck on establishing secure,
  6. chrome stuck establishing secure connection 2018,
  7. chrome wont establish secure connection,
  8. chrome stuck on establishing secure connection,
  9. chrome hangs establishing secure connection,
  10. chrome stuck on establishing secure 2018,
  11. windows 10 chrome establishing secure connection,