Windows 10: Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...

Discus and support Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites when I close the browser, even when I click remember me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZacharyKingsley, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...

Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites when I close the browser, even when I click remember me. I didn't change any settings when the problem started. I've tried network reset, driver rollbacks and troubleshooting, nothing works. I'm not sure what to do now.

:)

ZacharyKingsley, Aug 21, 2018

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Unable to access websites on Edge and Internet Explorer

Hi Jakob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to access websites on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer. I will certainly help you.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

1. Do you get any error message while accessing those websites?

2. Did you make any recent changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter

Windows provides a built-in troubleshooter that can automatically find and fix issues connecting to the Internet or to websites. Follow below steps:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
    Troubleshooting.

3. Under Network and Internet, click Connect to the Internet
    and follow on-screen instructions.

4. Navigate to Troubleshooting and click
    on left panel and run the Internet Explorer Performance

Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Clear the Browser history

I suggest you to clear the browser history in Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.

Follow the below steps to clear the browsing history in Internet Explorer.

1. Right click on Start button, select
    Control Panel
    and navigate to Internet Options.

2. Click on General tab and check the option
    Delete browsing history on exit
    and choose Delete.

3. Under Delete Browsing History windows, check Temporary Internet files and website data, Cookies and website

data, History and click on Delete.

4. Follow the steps in below article to clear browser history
    in Microsoft Edge:

View and delete
    browser history in Microsoft Edge

Please post back with requested information and status of the issue, we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Alli_Pepp Win User

Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...

Windows 10/Website Issues

I have a new Alienware laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 updates just a day ago, and now, I am unable to connect to certain websites. I have restarted the DNS Client and am still unable to connect.

This seems to be a Windows issue. Please help.

In Chrome, the message is:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

In Edge, the message is:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this

• This website might be marked as work-related by your organization. Try to access this link in a new Microsoft Edge window outside of Windows Defender Application Guard.
    • Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.cnn.com
    • Search for "http://www.cnn.com" on Bing
    • Refresh the page
    Details

The connection to the website was reset.

Alli_Pepp, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites...

1. Chrome is unable to connect to all but 1 random website, and Edge signs me out of websites... - Similar Threads - Chrome unable connect

2. Fix Microsoft Edge keeps me logging out of websites

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge keeps me logging out of websites: [ATTACH]Most of us usually leave our accounts signed in on a web browser if we are using our personal computer. This prevents the hassle of entering our usernames and passwords every time we visit our favorite websites and open email clients in a web browser. But things are...
  3. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  4. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  5. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. chrome browser stopping me looking at website

chrome browser stopping me looking at website: I use Chrome browser and when it finds the website the screen goes grey instead of staying white. I can see the web site page through the grey, but won't let me do anything more. It isn't happening on every website...
  7. Microsoft Edge Keeps logging me out of websites

Microsoft Edge Keeps logging me out of websites: Hello, So I've recently switched to Microsoft Edge, but whenever I close edge, I will open it again and I will logged out of all my accounts youtube, college accounts, etc. Even though I was recently signed in. What can I do to fix this? I like the browser, but this...
  8. Unable to connect to a website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to a website: Hello, I’m unable to connect to this particular [site](netcarshow.com) from Win10 (tried chrome, firefox, edge), it keeps saying ‘This site can’t be reached’. But I have no trouble connecting from my iPhone. Any idea why and how to fix it? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0...
  9. Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason

in Browsers and Email
    Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason: Great and thanks for posting your solution.
  10. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE all fail to connect to any website: A friend with a Lenovo i7 P50 Thinkpad with Win 10 factory installed. Creators Update installed via Windows Update a few weeks ago. Called me last week reporting that he could no longer view web pages using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or IE. I checked event viewer and saw one of...