Windows 10: Chrome issues with 10041

Discus and support Chrome issues with 10041 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated to 10041 and now my Chrome barely functions. A lot of web sites freeze up and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jscarano, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Chrome issues with 10041

I just updated to 10041 and now my Chrome barely functions. A lot of web sites freeze up and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. It never did that before 10041. Should I re install Chrome or what should I do? thanks

:)

jscarano, Mar 28, 2015

2. Whenever my friend wants to file email in a folder, it scrolls str8 to the bottom. She's using Windows Communication apps.

There are some issues in Windows communication apps for those Windows 10 users that has Build 10041. Your friend might be affected by that issue.

You can try suggesting this link to your friend:

Here is how to fix Mail, Calendar, and People apps on Windows 10 Build 10041 - MSPoweruser

ScarletRoseFT, Mar 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 technical preview to full version

Because you said you are on build 10041 I think there may be an issue with that build because thats the one I am stuck on. Anyone else stuck on that build?

Jason Deal, Mar 28, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Chrome issues with 10041

First I would re-install Chrome and see what happens. But to be honest, I had freeze up issues with build 10041 and FireFox and CyberFox.

BunnyJ, Mar 28, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I haven't had any problems with Chrome. Of course after I sync'd it with my windows 8.1 desktop I signed out and turned off all syncing and in settings turned everything off except "Enable phishing and malware protection" (so not all searches run through Googles version of PRISM and their Narus Semantic Traffic Analyzer(their cookies are enough). Plus it uses less system resources and runs more stable on my weak laptop.

Cliff S, Mar 28, 2015
  6. NickTh Win User
    Perhaps an extension ? Try to disable any thrird-party extension (if you have) and see if this fixes the problem.
    I have similar issues in Win8.1 with Firefox and Flash Player, but I can understand that. Anytime I'm trying to watch a video that demands Flash, Firefox freezes until it crashes.
    Also, have a look in Event logs and see if this unwanted behavior is logged there.

NickTh, Mar 28, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I had issues with Cyberfox as well. I am sure that MS will get this fixed as Sparetan is supposed to use Chrome extensions..

8. BRKKAB Win User

Chrome issues with 10041

It could have something to do with the recent test's where every browser had hack's found last week or the week before.The only browser that fixed the flaws it had was Firefox. Mozilla released 2 browser updates after the hacks were identified. IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari, I haven't heard on whether their flaws were patched yet. Chrome probably was Wednesday or Thursday. I don't really use Chrome that much. I have it on my pc's, but I use Firefox more often. I download alot of pictures and Firefox with DownThemAll suits my need's perfectly. Chrome doesn't have a equivalent to DownThemAll, that automatically will rename photo numbers.

BRKKAB, Mar 28, 2015
  9. jscarano Win User
    I just updated to 10041 from 9926 and it seems like my display scaling is way off. I use chrome as my browser and it seems like the tabs at the top are shorter at the top than normal and the scrollbar on the right is a lot narrower. I have a toshiba c55t-a5102 laptop which uses Intel 4600 video card. There is no option I can find that will let me manually set the scaling . It only has maintain aspect ratio. Any ideas? Thanks

jscarano, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics and look for the value PaddedBorderWidth. Default is -60 and changing it to 0 (with a reboot) solved the issue with Chrome for me.

Edit the registry at your own risk.

cyberrufus, Apr 2, 2015
  11. jscarano Win User
    Thanks it worked!

jscarano, Apr 2, 2015
  12. Berton Win User
    This worked for me with Firefox, moved the double-headed arrow a bit to the left when over the edge of a window for easier resizing, didn't have to be as precise in getting the left end of the arrow aligned with the edge of window. It also worked with Internet Explorer and File Explorer and Paint so far.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome issues with 10041

1. Chrome issues with 10041 - Similar Threads - Chrome issues 10041

2. Chrome issue

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome issue: Sometimes i get the ERR_NETWORK_Change error, even tough i'm on one network. How can it be dected that it's changing even tohugh i'm on one entwork? 164056
  3. Games crashing on Build 10041

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing on Build 10041: So far Rust crashes on load up and Heroes of the Storm crashes while loading into map. FFXIV loads fine. I'm really getting tired of all these games crashing on Windows 10. I think I might just go back to Win 8.1 til there's a new stable build. 4929
  4. 10041 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10041 Not Updating: I had to do a clean install of Win 10 preview and used a 10041 version. It is installed an working (I'm entering this from Win 10) but it will not update to newer versions. I have it set for "Fast". There is no option to check for newer version. 5569
  5. No sound in 10041

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound in 10041: Would appreciate any help. Thanks 4771
  6. UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041

UPDATE: Audio issues in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041: Hello Insiders! Hopefully you have had a chance to update to build 10041. We have made many improvements in this build and we're looking forward to receiving a fresh wave of feedback from you. I wanted to take a minute to provide you with an update on the state of Audio...
  7. no sound on windows 10041

no sound on windows 10041: on my laptops lenovo end acer no sound i updata driver,instal manual nut nating... any sugestion ??? 4792
  8. Iso for build 10041

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Iso for build 10041: I would like to know where to download the iso for build 10041 if it is available. Thanks. 5003
  9. Windows 10 build 10041: Known Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10041: Known Issues: The new version of Windows 10 Technical Preview released today, brings along some great new features and many changes compared to the previous editions. However, as with any major release, there are a number of bugs and issues, and you should be aware of these before taking...
  10. No Display Options for 10041

in Windows 10 Support
    No Display Options for 10041: I have a locked display on my HP Elite 6930p. My resolution changed after updating , and now my icons and text are too wide. I went to change it, but there are no resolution options. I'm stuck with bad resolution now. Should I roll back my display driver? Thanks in advance...