Windows 10: Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine

Discus and support Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; About an hour ago, websites are starting to load slower (not my internet) than they normally do, and the ones that do load eventually become... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VHeroes, Jun 22, 2016.

1. VHeroes Win User

Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine

About an hour ago, websites are starting to load slower (not my internet) than they normally do, and the ones that do load eventually become unresponsive. It's so bad that I can't even load chrome://history or chrome://plugins without them becoming unresponsive (image here). On the other hand, Internet Explorer works perfectly fine. Websites on it load instantly and I can use it for more than five minutes without it becoming unresponsive, so it's obviously something on Chrome's side. I've restarted my PC and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and both doesn't help. I've removed all my extensions to see if they are the culprit, but they're not. This happened all of a sudden, and I haven't changed any settings in Chrome before or after all of this started happening.

:)

VHeroes, Jun 22, 2016

2. Google chrome has become unresponsive

Google chrome has suddenly become unresponsive today, worked OK yesterday. When trying to enter Internet via chrome a windows comes up informing it has become unresponsive and do I want to Kill or Wait. Had to revert to IE to enter Internet. Can anyone advise.

Running Operating System: Windows 10

DavidIbbotson, Jun 22, 2016
  3. Jaaspal Win User
    "Nine has stopped working" .exe file malicious?

Every time I open up Google chrome, I get the message "Nine has stopped working" over and over for a while then it stops. I have BitDefender Internet antivirus security and it tells me that "shattered.exe" is a potentially malicious file. I try to delete
    it but the popup keeps coming up. I wonder if it is a start up program for google chrome. Google chrome works perfectly fine but that popup only comes when I open google chrome. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jaaspal, Jun 22, 2016
  4. RonCFL Win User

Save your bookmarks, and uninstall it ..
    Go here : Chrome Browser

for chrome 64Bit , run better+ faster ..*Smile

RonCFL, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine - Similar Threads - Chrome keeps becoming

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  6. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  7. No internet access but works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access but works perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] No internet access but works perfectly fine for everything but windows apps. I think some other people are getting this as well. I've tried every fix i have found on the internet and none have worked. It is my desktop only in my house that has the issue. I can...
  8. PC becomes unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  9. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps becoming unresponsive: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed. I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...