Windows 10: Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

Discus and support Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it. My daughter's HP Envy X360... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kathleenmpeters, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it.

My daughter's HP Envy X360 has a touch screen that works beautifully... EXCEPT it will not work with the minimize/maximize/close buttons on Chrome. Please note:

- They work fine if she uses the touchpad on the laptop.
    - The button right next to them to change Chrome users works fine.
    - They do NOT work if she uses the touchpad to minimize Chrome so those three buttons are in the center of the screen. It is literally only those three buttons, regardless of where on the touchscreen they are.
    - It is NOT the upper right corner of the screen itself. The minimize/maximize/close buttons work fine for most other programs when they are being displayed.
    - Chrome is up-to-date with the most recent version... and the other touchscreen laptops in the house (not HP) work fine with the same version.
    - It is no different in Incognito mode. The only extensions she has are the basic Google-provided ones like Hangouts, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat (which my computer also has and mine works fine).

I said "most" other programs because she thinks there's another program that has done it, although all others seem to work fine now.

It seems to me that this is either a Chrome bug that conflicts with whatever drivers her HP uses, or else it is a setting somewhere designed to prevent you from accidentally closing Chrome, but I cannot find that any such setting exists! Any ideas?

:)

kathleenmpeters, Aug 25, 2018

2. PROBLEM WITH MAXIMIZED/MINIMIZED SCREENS

You are referring to Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer, right?

> file will be minimized

Do you mean "normal" (not filling the screen) as opposed to minimized to the Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 25, 2018
  3. won't minimize or maximize like it use to work?

I have a new laptop and now chrome and firefox won't minimize or maximize like it use to work?

MikeDDewalt, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

Minimize/Maximize command

My minimize or maximize icon does not work once I use view side by side. I cannot get out of side by side without closing down the document.

Bonnie Sakallaris, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

1. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch - Similar Threads - Chrome Minimize Maximize

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing.The location of these buttons is active but the buttons themselves are not visible. I have also found that several other selectable buttons on other programs and applications are also not visible. The mouse can select these buttons if I...
  7. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing.The location of these buttons is active but the buttons themselves are not visible. I have also found that several other selectable buttons on other programs and applications are also not visible. The mouse can select these buttons if I...
  8. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  9. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing on top right of screen how do I get them back pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons-missing/c54e564a-dd2a-4e28-a6c7-869a03ba6fe6
  10. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch: Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it. My daughter's HP Envy X360 has a touch screen that works beautifully... EXCEPT it will not work with the minimize/maximize/close buttons on Chrome....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome touch input cant close or minimze window