Windows 10: Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

Discus and support Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yu gnomi, Aug 31, 2016.

1. yu gnomi Win User

Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update [​IMG]

when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing

:)

yu gnomi, Aug 31, 2016
  2. Hawk4242 Win User

Chrome

After the latest Windows 10 update installed in June 2016 Google Chrome no longer functions. The program opens and then just stalls. No websites are able to be opened. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hawk4242, Aug 31, 2016
  3. My computer recently had an update (it already had Windows 10), but two days after I noticed some of my programs and apps no longer function correctly.

Original Title - Recent update for my computer.

My computer recently had an update (it already had Windows 10), but two days after I noticed some of my programs and apps no longer function correctly. Is there someway to troubleshoot this from the Windows side of things?

NathanCampos, Aug 31, 2016
  4. yu gnomi Win User

I have tried un-installing and re-installing Chrome- made no difference.

yu gnomi, Aug 31, 2016
  5. yu gnomi Win User
    after searching on Google help forum, and trying a few other things, I un-installed Chrome again and installed canary version of Chrome.

It works now.

yu gnomi, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Sep 1, 2016
  7. RobNJ Win User
    After a recent update, I also had Chrome problems. Tried uninstalling & re-downloading multiple times. Finally, I downloaded & installed the 32bit version successfully. I then installed 64bit on top of it, and all is well.

RobNJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Chrome longer functions

2. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  3. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  4. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.: Where can I get a full version dvd of Windows 10 Pro? I paid Microsoft Store $99 for WIN 10 Pro Upgrade, but it is download only. The problem is that the download does not work because of the "Update" Function I assume. "Update" and Update Troubleshooter don't function. MS...
  6. keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update

keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update: Prior to the June 27th Windows update, my function keys worked with their primary function being the "big" image on them: from left to right dimmer, brighter, play/pause, mute, vol down, vol up, backlight keys, PrtScn, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn. Then IF I pushed the "Fn" key...
  7. Can no longer log in after recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can no longer log in after recent update: Recently, my PC installed the latest updates, and now I can't log in. When trying the fingerprint scanner it says, "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer." If I try to enter my password, I get the message "The sign-in method...
  8. Windows Update no longer functions

Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  9. Sudden Function decrease after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Function decrease after recent update: [IMG]Hi, I am the owner of a Surface Pro 4 laptop computer and after restarting and updating my device, basic functions have ceased or take irritatingly long to process. An example would be upon startup, clicking anything on the taskbar results in 0 commands proceeding....
  10. Youtube no longer functions after todays update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube no longer functions after todays update: YouTube no longer functions after todays latest 3rd parties cookies security update. TODAY'S UPDATE, NOT AUGUSTS. OCTOBER 16, 2018. WHAT GIVES GUYS?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome no longer works after windows update