Windows 10: Chrome not pulling up certain sites

Discus and support Chrome not pulling up certain sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past several builds my chrome has issues pulling up random sites. Sometimes the sites will pull up fine and then other times my browser will... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jscarano, Jun 2, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Chrome not pulling up certain sites

For the past several builds my chrome has issues pulling up random sites. Sometimes the sites will pull up fine and then other times my browser will say err_connection_timed_out . I usually have to hit refresh 5-6 times before the site will actually load up. I know the sites are fine because on my other Win 8.1 machine the sites never give me that issue. Im on 10074 btw. Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

jscarano, Jun 2, 2015

2. Apps gone after pulling up internet explorer

I have Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 8.1. There are certain sites that require me to use Internet Explorer. Edge and Chrome would not work with them. I pulled up IE from Cortana and started using it. Now all of my Apps are gone from the start
    menu. The start menu now looks like the old one from Windows 8.1. Why did my apps disappear?

Can it be fixed?

Brenda4575, Jun 2, 2015
  3. Ruth 801 Win User
    Temporary files

Hi Jamshad,

I use Internet Explorer, google, and google chrome. I will not use Microsoft Edge or Bing, because Edge is predatory and Bing has pull up sites full of Malware in the past.

Ruth 801, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Chrome not pulling up certain sites

It might not be a Chrome issue.

See if 'updating' your network adapter driver helps. Use the 8.1 (32 bit or 64 bit) available on Toshiba or the card OEM site.

If you connect using Ethernet .... forget I mentioned it *Wink

Why not come up to 10.0.130? Settings> Update ... > Windows Update > Advanced
    Change to the fast ring near the bottom
    You should then be offered 10.0.130 or whatever the most recent version is there.
    You can change back to the slow ring if you want (that's what I do, change to fast, get the newer version, change back to slow)

Slartybart, Jun 3, 2015
  5. jscarano Win User
    I'll give that a try thanks

jscarano, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome not pulling up certain sites

1. Chrome not pulling up certain sites - Similar Threads - Chrome pulling certain

2. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...: Hey everyone, So heres my deal:Ill have Chrome maximized/fullscreen on my PC:1. When I try to pull my mouse down to my toolbar, it doesnt pop up like it should. I have to hit the Windows key to do it. I have already tweaked the settings in my toolbar settings to do so, but it...
  3. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...: Hey everyone, So heres my deal:Ill have Chrome maximized/fullscreen on my PC:1. When I try to pull my mouse down to my toolbar, it doesnt pop up like it should. I have to hit the Windows key to do it. I have already tweaked the settings in my toolbar settings to do so, but it...
  4. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Accessing certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing certain sites: I am having problems with certain websites. After logging in; the site will not load my account information. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-certain-sites/e9ba91fd-d911-41ec-b1b3-e2a50e44d145
  6. Unable to load certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to load certain sites: Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger, Netflix, and Reddit. Do these websites have something in common? I don't think my network is the problem because I can access...
  7. Adblock Plus Not Working On Certain Sites With Chrome?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adblock Plus Not Working On Certain Sites With Chrome?: I use chrome. I notice that recently the google chrome web browser, there is no longer the adblock plus logo next to address bar on right? On my chromebook, i still see it. Well on my main laptop, the only way i see the adblock lus logo is if i click on the 3 dots, then i...
  8. Web Site & Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Web Site & Chrome: This is an image of a draft web site page (index.html) online via Chrome. Problem is the table is central not to the left and it wont go to where it actually is. I tried it in Edge, its was perfect, I tried it in IE, it was perfect, so why is Chrome showing it off to the...
  9. Edge compatibility with certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge compatibility with certain sites: I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems....
  10. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge: Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933