Windows 10: Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

Discus and support Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by xXWhackerXx, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior.

:)

xXWhackerXx, Nov 4, 2017

2. pinning link to a google page onto taskbar in windows 10

here's what worked for me:

I opened the page that I want to pin on Chrome on three tabs. I closed two tabs. I right-click the Chrome icon on the task bar, and the link should show up under recently closed. Then I just click the Pin icon. Of course, this would still show the Chrome
    icon on the taskbar.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Nov 4, 2017
  3. CKDexterH Win User
    Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

Hi xXWhackerXx.

Boiler plate - have you removed your browsing data - know your passwords

Next reset chrome, read the fine print

Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Nov 5, 2017
  5. i am not resetting the browser and rebuilding it. just a wee bit drastic for what's most likely an extension or browser update issue. if after going extension and disabling i still have the issue then i'll reset and build up from scratch again. i have a list of my extensions already for both chrome and opera.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 6, 2017
  6. I think it says it disables them.

Caledon Ken, Nov 6, 2017
  7. ok i missed the disable extensions. i'll give the reset a try and go through and set things back one by one and let you know what i get.

xXWhackerXx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

1. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked - Similar Threads - Chrome Opens Tabs

2. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

in Browsers and Email
    Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object: For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a...
  3. How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome: Okay so check this out: So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that. There are certain websites that when I only Left Click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. So now I have two tabs open; the same page...
  4. When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab: I want to know how to open web page in a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-live-tab-in-an-open-webpage-i/c8344e8a-4608-426d-a63d-500e5fd7f10d
  5. Can't click on Links in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't click on Links in Chrome: Ok so, i'm trying to login with my Cable Company's username/password so I can watch full episodes of shows on the ID Channel. Well, I can't click on any links at the top (the one's that are in red). Doing so in Edge, works just fine. . Anyone know what the problem could be,...
  6. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145
  7. Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10: I have been trying to open the following link but it freezes after opening a new window. Can any one help? DepositFiles Thanks 20875
  8. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...
  9. Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open: Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem since I updated to Windows 10. When Google Chrome is open and when thats the app I'm using, I can't click other open apps from my taskbar. Like for example if I have Word open as well, I can't switch to Word just by clicking on to...
  10. Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore: Hey guys, so around a week ago the functionality of the speaker "icon" that you are supposed to be able to click to mute a tab in Google Chrome randomly stopped working. I recently made some tweaks to Windows 10 due to making a fresh install of the OS but unfortunately don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome opens all tabs when favorite folder is clicked