Windows 10: Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

Discus and support Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by xXWhackerXx, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior.

:)

xXWhackerXx, Nov 4, 2017

2. pinning link to a google page onto taskbar in windows 10

here's what worked for me:

I opened the page that I want to pin on Chrome on three tabs. I closed two tabs. I right-click the Chrome icon on the task bar, and the link should show up under recently closed. Then I just click the Pin icon. Of course, this would still show the Chrome
    icon on the taskbar.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Nov 4, 2017
  3. CKDexterH Win User
    Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

Hi xXWhackerXx.

Boiler plate - have you removed your browsing data - know your passwords

Next reset chrome, read the fine print

Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Nov 5, 2017
  5. i am not resetting the browser and rebuilding it. just a wee bit drastic for what's most likely an extension or browser update issue. if after going extension and disabling i still have the issue then i'll reset and build up from scratch again. i have a list of my extensions already for both chrome and opera.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 6, 2017
  6. I think it says it disables them.

Caledon Ken, Nov 6, 2017
  7. ok i missed the disable extensions. i'll give the reset a try and go through and set things back one by one and let you know what i get.

xXWhackerXx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

1. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked - Similar Threads - Chrome Opens Tabs

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  4. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  5. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  7. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?: Hello, chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to uninstall off my conputer but I don’t know how to locate it and permanently delete it. [Original Title: Virus??]...
  8. How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome: Okay so check this out: So I am aware that If I press Ctrl+Click on a link, it will open in a new tab, yet I'm not asking for that. There are certain websites that when I only Left Click a link, it automatically opens in a new tab. So now I have two tabs open; the same page...
  9. Can't click on Links in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't click on Links in Chrome: Ok so, i'm trying to login with my Cable Company's username/password so I can watch full episodes of shows on the ID Channel. Well, I can't click on any links at the top (the one's that are in red). Doing so in Edge, works just fine. . Anyone know what the problem could be,...
  10. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome opens all tabs when favorite folder is clicked