Windows 10: Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?

Discus and support Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Started my pc, opened Chrome. Got message saying ''VideoStream for Chromecast has crashed". Also had same message for another programme we can't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jeddie, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Jeddie Win User

Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?

Started my pc, opened Chrome. Got message saying ''VideoStream for Chromecast has crashed". Also had same message for another programme we can't mention here.

Now Chrome is showing black screen on all tabs? Can't open settings, Apps, Bookmarks etc. All I see is the Black screen.
    Chrome does show the address in the address bar at top of tab with sad face?
    I'm typing this using Edge.

Never had this before? How do I get Chrome working again?

Please assist.

:)

Jeddie, Jan 2, 2018

2. Unable to open any games after upgrading to Windows 10

When I try to open solitaire it attempts to open but I get nothing but a black page, which eventually reverts to the icon page.

Rosalind E. Dobson, Jan 2, 2018
  3. GarthRoberts, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Jeddie Win User

Ok - So I re-booted and lo and behold it is working normally.
    Geez I love PCs. Keeps life interesting.

Jeddie, Jan 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed? - Similar Threads - Chrome Opens black

2. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  3. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  4. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  6. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  7. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Google Chrome closes 1 second after opening nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome closes 1 second after opening nothing works: I am the poster's kid. Like the question states, I cannot get Google Chrome to stay open on my mother's computer. It started happening after I tried to update NordVPN. I uninstalled NordVPN. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome many times. I tried to find the path on...
  9. Google Chrome closes 1 second after opening nothing works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome closes 1 second after opening nothing works: I am the poster's kid. Like the question states, I cannot get Google Chrome to stay open on my mother's computer. It started happening after I tried to update NordVPN. I uninstalled NordVPN. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome many times. I tried to find the path on...
  10. Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?: I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome crashes nothings works