Windows 10: Chrome or Win 10 causes this?

Discus and support Chrome or Win 10 causes this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made an internet shortcut ​on my Desktop. (I use Chrome. It has a Chrome icon on the desktop.) I set the shortcut to: Hourly forecast :: WRAL.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by p455word, Dec 8, 2016.

1. p455word Win User

Chrome or Win 10 causes this?

I made an internet shortcut ​on my Desktop.
    (I use Chrome. It has a Chrome icon on the desktop.)
    I set the shortcut to:
    Hourly forecast :: WRAL.com . (Links on page work ,from there.)

Instead, first comes up with a small window saying "Downloading from LTL3PV59",
    a folder in C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\.
    Then Chrome goes to:
    file:///C:/Users/<my username>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/LTL3PV59/1005691[1]

From there, Links in the page do not work!

Any way to get the shortcut back to the original setting?
    Also, is this a problem with Chrome, or Windows 10? (Note: my current build is 14986.)

:)

p455word, Dec 8, 2016
  2. PetePX Win User

Chrome not responding

Same problem except my Win 10 install is 3 days old.

Chrome works fine, except when clicking on a link somewhere other then chrome, (say a link in an email). Then I get the "chrome not responding" despite the fact chrome is working as expected.

Something is causing the hand off between other apps and chrome to be blocked.

Win 10 64 pro V 1607 (osb 14393.1198)

Chrome V 58.0.3029.110 (64)

Let me know if you need more info

(I'd include a list of system specs, but it shouldn't be relvent to this issue)

Pete

PetePX, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Msn word game

Just changed from Win 7 to win 10. When using Chrome to play " Just Words" ( located in Msn free online games), only the top half of the game board appears on the screen. When I use Internet Explorer there is no problem. Cause and solution?

RichardHobrock, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Build 14986 is from the IP/Insider Preview [I have it on 2 computers]. Since it is more or less a test version there will be problems.

My suggestion to get specific sites/pages on the Desktop as a shortcut is to navigate to that URL and drag the tiny icon at the left end of the URL to the Desktop. In IE and Firefox it can also be dragged to the Favorites/Bookmarks Toolbar [different from the Favorites/Bookmarks Folder]. Don't use Chrome so can't say that procedure will work.

Berton, Dec 8, 2016
  5. p455word Win User
    Drags to desktop, but same result as before.
    Same thing happened in Preview builds 14971 and 14965.

p455word, Dec 8, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Just checked one of my IP 14986 machines and drag of an icon from Firefox and IE11 to the Desktop worked, the same did not work with Edge.

Berton, Dec 8, 2016
  7. p455word Win User
    Shortcut for Chrome works , but links on the page it goes to do not work.
    I get "File not found" error message instead.

p455word, Dec 8, 2016
  8. p455word Win User

MS build 15025 fixed this problem.

p455word, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome or Win 10 causes this? - Similar Threads - Chrome causes

2. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  3. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only: SHDR hurts the eyes a bit so hopefully there's a solution. I only see this washed out issue occur on chrome browsers for some reason - and it's recent too past two days.Screen shots and snips show up as exceptionally washed out with low contrast on chrome but not on mozilla....
  4. HDR setting on monitor causing washed out screenshots on Chrome only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  6. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks: I recently changed the alias for my Microsoft account and also changed the email for security verification. Unfortunately, somehow that caused my Chrome bookmarks to revert to bookmarks that I had as of about 1 year ago. In other words, bookmarks I've added over the past 12...
  7. Change to Microsoft account caused me to lose Chrome bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 11’s Chrome nags users to enable Windows Hello, causing confusion

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s Chrome nags users to enable Windows Hello, causing confusion: Google Chrome on Windows 11 and 10 nags users to turn on Windows Hello and protect passwords during auto-fills. The popup, which appears in the top right corner of Chrome, was first spotted in the last week of July, with more users seeing it in August, according to reports...
  9. Opening chrome causes default app settings to open each and every time.

Opening chrome causes default app settings to open each and every time.: After today's cumulative update for Windows 10 and 11, 2023-04, every time I open Chrome the default app settings of windows will open. I've tried many ways to resolve this without luck. This is happening to all 600 systems with the update. Removing the update makes the issue...
  10. Opening chrome causes default app settings to open each and every time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening chrome causes default app settings to open each and every time.: After today's cumulative update for Windows 10 and 11, 2023-04, every time I open Chrome the default app settings of windows will open. I've tried many ways to resolve this without luck. This is happening to all 600 systems with the update. Removing the update makes the issue...