Windows 10: Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing

Discus and support Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just had a pop up apparently from Chrome requesting me to click on links from the following address... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by billz, Feb 23, 2017.

1. billz Win User

Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing

I've just had a pop up apparently from Chrome requesting me to click on links from the following address
    http(es,colon,slash,slash)support.google.com/chrome/?p=help&ctx=keyboard#topic=3227046
    I am always dubious about being invited to click this or that as a necessity to fix a problem that does occur as a standard Chrome fault, that I have tried to cure before.

:)

billz, Feb 23, 2017

2. Pop-up saying that "The newest Windows feature update is here" is it legitimate?

I don't want to seem overly suspicious, but this looks like some sort of phishing--or other type--of scam. I'm wary of anything that just suddenly pops up on my screen with no attribution. And I don't know if Jaune Bel is a real person and if that person
    is in any way connected with Microsoft.

RobertPeltier, Feb 23, 2017
  3. paulaE. Win User
    Pop-up saying that "The newest Windows feature update is here" is it legitimate?

It's completely legit. entire thing has installed and i'm waiting to restart. need to make a recovery disk because so many people had problems with it. if you google feature for fall update, there's a lot on it. Not a scam no phishing.

paulaE., Feb 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Looks like a long-standing bug. The domain is a legitimate address for Google Chrome, but that particular help topic doesn't seem to exist now. You just get the generic help page. Is your Chrome up to date? The Chrome forum is full of people with the same pop-up as you.
    Search results - Chrome Help

Been going on for years, here's one from 2014...

Chrome Help keeps opening itself! - Chrome Help

5. beepclick Win User
    that's crazy. i get a message on the top of the page in Dutch stating that :some chrome users have been logged out during maintanance but can log back in now no problem. followed by the account password recovery link. so i tried saving the page and it did not just download a html file. it dropped the html file and a folder with content as well
    It's smelly if ya ask me.

Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing [​IMG]

Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing [​IMG]

beepclick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing - Similar Threads - Chrome pop real

2. Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store: I've been having an issue with Chrome for a while, and I think I've already tried everything from resetting Chrome to reinstalling and double-checking the default browser on my computer. Still, the switch to Chrome pops up. Also, whenever I open my Chrome, why do some of my...
  3. the pop-ups are real...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the pop-ups are real...: [ATTACH] context: Microsoft made a post a while ago about fullscreen pop-ups for windows 10 that ask you to upgrade to windows 11. thankfully you can stick with windows 10 though :) just thought i'd get this out there and prove it's actually real (i don't know what to...
  4. chrome customize your chrome pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome customize your chrome pop up: can someone tell me how to get rid of the pop up that comes constantly see below. even after i hit no thanks, it opens repeatedly and endlessly on my laptop. i went to site setting as well but it says it's not site so it won't take it. PLEASE HELPi went to google/chrome...
  5. chrome customize your chrome pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome customize your chrome pop up: can someone tell me how to get rid of the pop up that comes constantly see below. even after i hit no thanks, it opens repeatedly and endlessly on my laptop. i went to site setting as well but it says it's not site so it won't take it. PLEASE HELPi went to google/chrome...
  6. chrome customize your chrome pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. This popped up on my moms comp. Is it real?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This popped up on my moms comp. Is it real?: [ATTACH] The number on the screen is constantly busy. I just have this bad feeling that this itself IS the virus. Idk we’ve never had anything like this come up before. submitted by /u/lilmisse85 [link] [comments]...
  8. this is phishing or real Microsoft?

this is phishing or real Microsoft?: Hello, can you help me to understand if this email is phishing?From: Microsoft Outlook <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: _________________________________________To: Subject: [EXTERNAL] Urgent 2FA ActivationDear Microsoft Suscriber,We enforced 2-factor...
  9. New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?

New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?: Hello, I've been using an Acer laptop for some time now running Windows 10, and Kaspersky and Google Chrome are some notable applications. Recently I began receiving two pop-ups while on Chrome warning me of not having wifi and telling me my wifi has been restored. Notably, I...
  10. POP UPS ON GOOGLE CHROME

POP UPS ON GOOGLE CHROME: When I click on Google Chrome, I am inundated with Pop Up messages. How can I stop these? I don't speak computer so please keep answers as simple as possible. Thank you....