Windows 10: Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable

Discus and support Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been encountering a bizarre problem with Google Chrome where the window shrinks when I maximize it from the taskbar. The window gains a weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Infinitify, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable

I have been encountering a bizarre problem with Google Chrome where the window shrinks when I maximize it from the taskbar. The window gains a weird colored outline, or the title bar turns invisible on the top of screen and has an outline of the min/max/close buttons.

I'm running Insider Preview build 17692. I have tried every single forum and google search result that I have found and nobody has this issue. I have troubleshooted by using incognito Chrome, disabling extensions, and reinstalling Chrome, and nothing has worked.

Please help me get to the bottom of this. This is incredibly frustrating and I almost can't use Chrome because of it. No other application does this. I can't function with this glitch, it requires an extra few clicks every single time I need to minimize Chrome.

Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable 6f045402-8c42-4c25-a84a-ed08d8c45edb?upload=true.png

See that white space above the title bar, and the strange padding on the title bar? That is where my title bar SHOULD BE. This invisible space happens anytime I minimize then reopen Chrome. How can I fix this? Please help!

:)

Infinitify, Jul 9, 2018
  2. migafinn Win User

Resize window

I am using Windows 10. The resize option is not available in any window, this includes Word, Excel, Firefox, IE, Chrome. The minimize icon works, the maximize icon works, but not the resize.

Please help.

Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

migafinn, Jul 9, 2018
  3. MBG
    MBG Win User
    Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between.

4. John Vil Win User

Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable

1. Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable - Similar Threads - Chrome resizing maximize

2. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  3. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  4. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  6. Can't resize/maximize window

Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  7. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't resize/maximize window

9. chrome window won't open as maximized. and it resizes and goes down to the left of the sccen

chrome window won't open as maximized. and it resizes and goes down to the left of the sccen: i looked online it said to rightcick on chrome icon and go to properties and check Maximized. At first a window opened and said you have to be administrator to change this. but on a second try i was able to change it and hit apply, etc. but it doesn't last. I looked again and...
  10. chrome window won't open as maximed. it resizes and goes down to the left of the scceen

chrome window won't open as maximed. it resizes and goes down to the left of the scceen: i looked online it said to rightcick on chrome icon and go to properties and check Maximized. At first a window opened and said you have to be administrator to change this. but on a second try i was able to change it and hit apply, etc. but it doesn't last. I looked again and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome maximize window problem

2. chrome window not maximizing

3. excel resize chrome browser

4. cant resize chrome,
  5. how to resize chrome window,
  6. i cant resize my chrome,
  7. how to get chrome to maximize from taskbar,
  8. how to minimise and maximise on google chroma,
  9. chrome issue resizing ,
  10. resize google chrome window,
  11. google chrome resize glitch,