Windows 10: Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

Discus and support Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AndreyT, Feb 8, 2016.

1. AndreyT Win User

Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference)

1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon "in place", i.e. the pinned icon expands and becomes a wide taskbar entry for Chrome window. This is the normal behavior for Windows 10.

2. On another machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon creates a new taskbar entry for the new Chrome window. The new expanded entry appears in the taskbar to the right of the pinned icons, while the original pinned Chrome icon remains unchanged. This behavior is similar to that of ordinary Windows 7 Quick Launch bar.

So far only Chrome behaved in this inconsistent fashion. Other pinned icons consistently behave in accordance with the first scenario.

So, would could possibly be the reason for a pinned Chrome icon to follow the latter behavior?

:)

AndreyT, Feb 8, 2016

2. How do I pin a url to the task bar?

Internet Explorer:

Create the shortcut:

While on the webpage... File> Send> Shortcut to Desktop

Or drag the sites Favicon to the Desktop

Then drag that shortcut to the Taskbar. If you already have IE pinned to the Taskbar, this might open this page every time you open IE. If you leave that shortcut on the Desktop it will open only that webpage.

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcut

I wanted to create a separate short for chrome incognito. However when pinned the shortcut to taskbar it got merged with old chrome pinned shortcut on taskbar. After that I deleted the shortcut on desktop and which had shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+N. Now when
    I wanted to create a new shortcut for same purpose I can't use Ctrl+Shift+N.

When I press Ctrl+Shift+N it opens chrome new window.

viki.godara, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

1. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side? - Similar Threads - Chrome shortcut pinned

2. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome will only open with a shortcut: Ever since I have gotten my pc February 2022 I have had this problem where chrome will not open unless I create a shortcut. What happens is I download chrome then after that, I run chrome and as soon as I run chrome it closes immediately. So to fix chrome I will first go into...
  3. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome will only open with a shortcut: Ever since I have gotten my pc February 2022 I have had this problem where chrome will not open unless I create a shortcut. What happens is I download chrome then after that, I run chrome and as soon as I run chrome it closes immediately. So to fix chrome I will first go into...
  4. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?: I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:...
  7. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird shortcut that opens to chrome: Hello there, I recently noticed that there were 3 new shortcuts in my start page's "recently added" that was named "simple calc", "power tool - g suite", and "camera". When I tried to uninstall, it would take me to the apps manager window but I couldn't find the apps there....
  8. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  9. place a shortcut on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    place a shortcut on the taskbar: I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible? 136002
  10. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart: This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop. I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. already created chrome pinned taskbar shorcut should be deleted in msi