Windows 10: Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected

Discus and support Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since installing Win 10 I have had a variety of problems with Chrome and in general reinstalling has temporarily solved the problem. I have the latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldie, Oct 17, 2015.

1. oldie Win User

Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected

Since installing Win 10 I have had a variety of problems with Chrome and in general reinstalling has temporarily solved the problem. I have the latest version of Chrome installed but I occasionally have a page freeze and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. If I kill the page, Chrome is unresponsive and other tabs no longer display the page selected.

I can restart Chrome to revisit the pages I had been working with but I have found it simpler and speedier to use Edge which has no such problems. I will wait until Microsoft/Google resolve the Win 10/Chrome incompatibilities.

I prefer Chrome's presentation and ease of use of favourites (I cannot delete any imported favourites in Edge) so I will await further updates.

:)

oldie, Oct 17, 2015
  2. drandy(2) Win User

Browsers and downloads freezing with Windows 10

Lawrence, again, thanks for your input

Please understand that I am not having slowness issues, the new pages freeze with the blue or grey circle spinning and a blank page, see example below and downloads fail. I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox, same problem.

I reset IE as per the workaround, the freezing issue is still there.

I disabled all add-ons, and I still get the freezing issue.

PS - +20 Mbps from router

Thanks for trying, Andy

Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected [​IMG]

drandy(2), Oct 17, 2015
  3. Ziggy32 Win User
    Unable to import Internet Explorer Favorites to Edge

I found the answer! It was Google Chrome! For the first time since Internet Explorer 6 I have blown Microsoft away and went with Google Chrome. It is soooooo nice. Web pages don't freeze, they are displayed properly, bookmarks import, it is fast and friendly.

I should have done this years ago! Microsoft you need to just quit on the browsers. You aren't very good at it..... long live Chrome!

Ziggy32, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Almighty1, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected - Similar Threads - Chrome still freezes

2. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works: I have an MSI laptop running Windows 10 and it's been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I have my laptop screen and a separate monitor connected via an HDMI cable. The problem is, both my displays freeze up after a random amount of time, however, I know it's only the...
  3. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works: I have an MSI laptop running Windows 10 and it's been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I have my laptop screen and a separate monitor connected via an HDMI cable. The problem is, both my displays freeze up after a random amount of time, however, I know it's only the...
  4. Windows 10 Display Freezes but Mouse Still Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  6. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  7. Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Edge Display Some Web Pages In A Foreign Language: For some unknown reason, on my desktop and laptop Chrome and Microsoft Edge display some specific web pages in a foreign language (Sinhala)*. This does not happen with Internet explorer. Its very annoying. I am convinced this has something to do with my Microsoft account...
  8. Page freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page freezing: Both my HP & Acer computers have Win.10 Pro. installed, but I have the same problem with both. I like paid surveys, but if a question has a list of answers where I have to click one, or several answers, I have to do do that and hit the "Submit" button very quickly or the page...
  9. Page display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page display: When I click on explorer it doesn't display full page and it shows smaller version of page in upper left corner. My husband was on computer the other day and must have done something to change the display. How do I get rid of small page in left corner and get full page...
  10. Pages freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pages freeze: Just lately the pages freeze all the time. There is no error message. And sometimes it just goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-freeze/fdcb313b-259f-4a6e-b7b3-022d75f43785