Windows 10: Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

Discus and support Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, we announced that Google Chrome would continue support for Windows XP through the remainder of 2015. At that time, we strongly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

Source: Google Chrome Blog: Updates to Chrome platform support

Brink, Nov 10, 2015

2. Chrome support SHOULD remain for Vista until April 2017. It continues to receive extended phase support until then, and besides, they supported XP well past it's best before date.

I realize that XP and Vista receive the same build, so it's easy to cut it off. Night Hawk had recently mentioned 2016 as a former end of support date for Vista, so maybe that's why.

:)

Jody Thornton, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Internet explorer has stopped working (all the time)

Support for Internet Explorer 8 (and IE9 & IE10) ended on 12 January 2016.

Extended Support for Vista SP2 ended on 11 April 2017.

Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ened on 08 April 2012.

Considering the above, chances are nothing on your computer is working properly now.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

Bruce Hagen, Nov 10, 2015
  5. I always see your posts on here and wonder.. Why are you still running Vista? Is there a specific reason you continue to do so? Fact is as of next year it will be a 10 yr old OS and it is not widely used anymore so I understand why Google is stopping development on Vista. XP was a different game as there were still millions of pcs running it when support ended, but pretty much once 7 came out everyone moved off Vista, either upgraded their existing PC or bought a new Win7 PC.

Maltesespace, Nov 11, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Chrome and Firefox run really well in Linux. Linux runs really well on old computer hardware. I had an old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop laying around that I bought in 2009. It came with Vista. I loaded Linux Mint on it recently (looks like Windows, runs much better).

You can’t tell you are not running Windows when surfing the net in Chrome or Firefox. Linux Mint is updated every 3 months. In between are regular smaller updates. It will run the latest Chrome and Firefox.

Load up free MS Office clone LibreOffice, Chrome and Firefox and you are in business. All for free.

Antilope, Nov 11, 2015
  7. There's nothing wrong with Vista (if you're of the opinion that it's crap just because the RTM release was bad, then that's being misinformed). I find once SP2 came to be, it's every bit as good as Windows 7. And it runs all of my apps splendidly. I like it visually as well. And it has a good Calendar and Mail app integrated into the OS. So that's why I run it.

I don't like Chrome at all and don't run it. I just believe in promise of performance, and if an OS is to be supported to such and such a date, then application developers should respect that, that's all. But I'm a Pale Moon user.
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Nov 12, 2015
  8. mrpumpkin Win User

Thx, I have 1 XP user with Chrome as the main browser.

mrpumpkin, Nov 12, 2015
  9. There's nothing *wrong* with it per se, I agree with you. I ran it on 2 laptops of the Vista era, when Vista came out. (These were crappy $400 pentiums as well) I thought it was great. But once 7 came out, I moved on, got a new PC, even got a mac in between (that didn't last long) ... Visually at least 7 looks the same as Vista, and even 10 can be the same with StartIsBack++. There are much better mail/calendar apps out there that run on Windows 7/10 as well that are freeware. I mean, bottom line, maybe you haven't noticed yet with your apps, but soon developers are going to stop supporting Vista, and any new hardware you buy will not support Vista, so you will have to upgrade at some point. Besides, its a Windows 10 forum so the prevailing opinion will be that you should upgrade to Windows 10. *Wink There are plenty of people saying "It works fine" in regard to XP, but the fact is XP is outdated and it would be in their best interests to upgrade. Same now with Vista.

I don't mind Chrome, I am using Firefox at the moment however since Chrome has been giving me issues, and I am impressed with it.

Maltesespace, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Well I've said before that I'll move to Windows 8.1 once Vista support expires (though I'll need a new machine for that). I could look at Start Is Back if it really gave Windows 10 a retro visual look. I just hate the "10" look and those widely spaced caption buttons are ghastly. But again, I'm always open to ideas that would make Windows 10 more palatable to me.

I would stay on Vista if my current machine keeps singing along, and somebody finds a way to port Server 2008 "classic" updates to Vista. We'll see.

Jody Thornton, Nov 15, 2015
  11. I'll post a screenshot of what my start/taskbar area looks like on Windows 10 with SiB++ later. On my school PC with 7 at the moment so can't do it now.

Maltesespace, Nov 16, 2015
  12. Ok, here it is. This is what my desktop looks like with StartisBack++. This is the link to the program by the way StartIsBack: real start menu for Windows 8 and Windows 10 it is a mere US$3 for one PC license. I am impressed. There is even some configurable transparency effects from Win7 available, as you can see my taskbar is way more transparent than the win10 default.

Maltesespace, Nov 16, 2015
  13. Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

May I see what a "window" appears like (something like Computer or Control Panel would do.)
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Nov 20, 2015
  14. Hey that's nice! I just may look into that myself.

As far as what Operating System you use and what forum's you belong to, I'm running 10 Home now exclusively but still post at SevenForums where I've been a member for many years. I also post at the ROG Help forums though I retired my G74Sx when I bought this machine. I too am a former Vista user and have always thought it was treated too .... harshly by most. A few tweeks , a little bit of time and it was a fine Operating System.

indianacarnie, Nov 20, 2015
  15. Here you go *Smile
    This is the default "white" colour for the title bar but with the latest build (10586.3) you can change the colour. If you want me to switch the colour and show an example let me know.

Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016 [​IMG]

Maltesespace, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016 - Similar Threads - Chrome Support Vista

2. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?: I know that support for Windows XP ended on 8 April, 2014, but since x64 edition is sp2 only, I thought the end date would be 2010, but then I thought it could be extended....
  3. When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When did support for Windows XP x64 Edition end?: I know that support for Windows XP ended on 8 April, 2014, but since x64 edition is sp2 only, I thought the end date would be 2010, but then I thought it could be extended....
  4. Did Windows Vista even have any end of support message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Windows Vista even have any end of support message?: I know that Windows Vista ended support on 11 April, 2017, but did it even have an end of support screen? I can't find anything about it. Only Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1. I designed my own but I'm still wondering. I did install Windows Vista on an old Dell laptop...
  5. Did Windows Vista even have any end of support message?

Did Windows Vista even have any end of support message?: I know that Windows Vista ended support on 11 April, 2017, but did it even have an end of support screen? I can't find anything about it. Only Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1. I designed my own but I'm still wondering. I did install Windows Vista on an old Dell laptop...
  6. How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?: Guys I have windows xp sp3 ver.2002 but I can't activate it...Can you explain me how to avoid or activate windows when is past 30 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-xp-when-its-on-end-life/19810053-e3dc-4f8a-a6f9-0e8277e6b1fe
  7. How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?

How to activate windows xp when it's on end-life support?: Guys I have windows xp sp3 ver.2002 but I can't activate it...Can you explain me how to avoid or activate windows when is past 30 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-xp-when-its-on-end-life/19810053-e3dc-4f8a-a6f9-0e8277e6b1fe
  8. AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

in Windows 10 News
    AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support: Malwarebytes released AdwCleaner 8.0.0, a free tool to remove adware and potentially unwanted programs, from Windows devices on November 26, 2019. The company acquired AdwCleaner back in 2016 and has produced new versions of the application for free since. Note: AdwCleaner...
  9. Windows 10 April 2018 Update: operating system windows xp or windows vista arent supported...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update: operating system windows xp or windows vista arent supported...: Hello, my Operating system is Windows 10 version 1607 (OS biuld 14393.2214). When I try to install Windows 10 April 2018 Update...
  10. Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista: Software companies are one by one giving up on Windows XP support for their products, and now it appears that it’s Mozilla’s turn to switch the focus to newer versions of Windows. Firefox 53 will be the first version of the browser which will no longer support Windows XP...