Windows 10: Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized"

Discus and support Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden since last week Chrome has been popping this up each time I start the browser: Google says: The command [gettaversion] is not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rivre Win User

Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized"

All of a sudden since last week Chrome has been popping this up each time I start the browser:

Google says:
    The command [gettaversion] is not recognized

There's a blue OK button at the bottom of the pop-up. Any idea what this is? I've updated it and it still happens. I have no idea if it's an issue all of a sudden with an extension or not.

:)

rivre, Dec 20, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Dec 20, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized"

Hi rivre.

Clear your browsing data, ( browsing history, cookies and other site data, Cached images and files) and reset your start (home) pages, that is key the addresses in on each tab to ensure you are landing on the page you intended and then save them.

( Three dots in the upper right, hover over "More tools", click Clear browsing data. One I mentioned are in Basic view. )

Ensure you know your passwords before clearing data.

If that doesn't clear it disable your extensions and turn them on one by one to test.

There is also the Chrome "Reset".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2017
  5. rivre Win User
    Thanks but I clear my browsing history/cache regularly anyways as part of routine maintenance. This only recently started happening and I have not installed any new extensions leading up to this. I'm guessing maybe an extension update broke something. I'm trying not to have to resort to a reset because otherwise everything is fine and a reset is a pain when you have lots of extensions with all the settings dialed in just right.

rivre, Dec 21, 2017
  6. Yes. Then just shut them off one by one.

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2017
  7. Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized" [​IMG]
    man i have the same trouble, did you solve it? I didn't find out what's the problem

duisdaniel, Dec 28, 2017
  8. rivre Win User

Nope, still no idea what's causing it. I haven't disabled my add-ons one-by-one yet to test, but it looks from your screenshot like you don't have any addons, so maybe it's not an add-on anyways?

rivre, Dec 28, 2017
  9. this works for me today, I only have 4 extensions ( AdBlock 3.22.1) (Forget that page 1.6.0) (Magic Actions for YouTube™ 7.3.0.0)(TextAloud for Chrome 4.0.0) I disable one by one and update Chrome to Versión 63.0.3239.108 (Build oficial) (64 bits) If the if the issue shows again I'm going to contact Chrome support

duisdaniel, Dec 28, 2017
  10. elbmek Win User
    where the *********** is the menu bar?

elbmek, Dec 31, 2017
  11. Sounds like you don't have the three dots in the upper right. Correct?

You can also get to settings by using this address

chrome://settings/

or extensions

chrome://extensions/

Caledon Ken, Dec 31, 2017
  12. elbmek Win User
    no setting for menu bars. Anyway, no matter. I am now trialing vivaldi, which I DO have a menu bar

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome - "The command [gettaversion] is not recognized" - Similar Threads - Chrome command gettaversion

2. PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]If you are a Python programmer, you know the importance of its libraries. One of the easiest ways to install those libraries is by using the PIP command. However, when some users tried doing the same, they encountered the following error message: ‘pip’ is not...
  3. Bootrec is not recognized as an internal command

in Windows 10 News
    Bootrec is not recognized as an internal command: [ATTACH]Bootrec.exe is a built-in tool in Windows operating system used to fix Windows startup issues. You will face startup problems on your Windows computer if the Master Boot Record (MBR), the Boot Sector, or the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) is/are corrupted. In such...
  4. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  5. No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...: Before you ask, yes, there is a PATH variable set for command prompt. Actually, there were multiple PATH variables for command prompt which I thought was the reason for it not working but the commands don't work in either Command Prompt or Powershell. The command prompt was...
  6. bootrec not recognized by command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootrec not recognized by command prompt: Guys please help when I go to windows automatic repair an error pops out saying "Windows automatic repair could not fix your pc" so I tried going to command prompt running with admin of course and using the code bootrec /RebuildBcd and bootrec /FixBoot to fix it but a message...
  7. Robocopy command is not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command is not recognized: When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for...
  8. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    A command is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is Windows OS able to find where its located? A simple example is when you create a [...] This post A command is not recognized...
  9. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized: I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like...
  10. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands: This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am trying to fix MBR issue on my laptop. I found the link that I search on Google and tried it. Here is the link below: How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the command gettaversion is not recognized